passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Rocksmith

spatular

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i've been playing this (2014) quite a bit, really enjoying it, got the rb1 song export - great value as it adds most of the original games songs for ~£6. i'm pretty crap at most of the songs. doing ok on a few around 90% although i'm not sure how the percentage works as i have 103.9% on song 2 (it's quite easy and i could sort of already play it before) - the game keeps telling me to get 104% but i can't :fist:

only problem i have is more down to my guitar, one of the strings buzzes a bit and sounds wrong so the game struggles to pick it up :( - i've had the guitar years, pretty sure it's not fret buzz - when fretted it seems ok-ish, but open it sounds horrible - so i think it tunes wrong which maybe throws the game out even more.

Sounds like a truss rod issue with the buzzing. Get someone who knows what they're doing to adjust it.

On topic, I miss this game. I wish I had it longer. I'm waiting for it to go on sale on PC so I can pick it up there, hopefully the whole screen lag won't be such an issue on PC as it was on 360.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back in on this, largely to get my lazy arse practicing and getting better.

I bought the Muse pack with my last tenner on the 360, every tune is a banger. My current challenge is to master Hysteria which I'm not far from doing.

The guitarcade games are much better, more advanced than the first game and loads of 'em.

• 1 month later...

this is a tenner on steam for the next few hours, tempted to get it as i hear you can mod it to play loads of fan made dlc or something.

also that got me looking at the dlc, its on sale on steam too, still pricey mind, but more importantly noticed there was a cake pack released last month! amazing. its about £3 cheaper on steam so that would offset the cost of the buying the game again, but then i haven't played it for a while so could also be a big waste of money :? either way i know what i'll be doing tomorrow.

Played a bit. Fucking UPlay man, what is the need? Also, I can't connect to the servers. I have a code to paste in somewhere but I've no idea where it's meant to go. Do I need to download the UPlay client?

I'm seriously out of practice guitar wise. Hopefully this gives me the kick up the arse to grind it out some. Frustratingly the game won't play sound through my USB headphones either. That's a tad annoying.

I got the game on steam, then read Sly's post and was put off getting the dlc on PC due to uplay. So got the dlc on xbox today, had nearly enough xbox credit for it anyway.

Great fun, getting the hang of short skirt long jacket and the distance but finding the others pretty hard. Going back to some songs I was ok at before but have now forgotten messes it up a bit because it automatically drops the difficulty down but that makes it harder as I'm not used to the notes - need to do practice mode to sort that I think.

My hand is killing me after playing, Not sure why, I think maybe I'm getting a bit too much into it.

I'm about 50% into both R U Mine and Knights of Cydonia, although it's getting to that point where sight reading isn't going to cut it so I'm going to have to slow the whole process down.

I'm glad they took the "Is your guitar in tune?" bit out for every time you went into a song, that was a massive pain.

I think you do have to have the UPlay client running because I can't find anywhere to put the code in that steam gives me, more bloat for my PC to deal with.