passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Witcher 2 : Assassins of Kings

DANGERMAN

Took 3 or 4 days off this during the week but put a good stint in last night and tonight. 35 hours in now, Geralt level 25. I've cleared the curse and am on my way to Vergen, probably about to start chapter 3...

Just started chapter 3 now.

I glanced at the walkthrough that came with the game and saw that there are only three chapters, i thought there would be five like in the first game. So that means you miss one-third of the game depending on which chapter 2 you play. I went with Roche. Did anyone play Iorveth's side, or both? Any preference?

I played Iorveth's and have a save near the bit where you choose so could go back. I feel like I played a story though and I wouldn't get anything from going back. That said, if there was DLC (I don't think there will be) then I'd do it just because I was playing it

Nearing the end of this now...thinking about my next game. I was going to play Dragon's Dogma next, but after having played Mass Effect 3 and The Witcher 2 back to back, I don't think another rpg is what the doctor ordered. I'm thinking of Dead Space 1 or Batman Arkham Asylum, which would you suggest?

I think i'll go with Dead Space but i'm annoyed to see €20 is the going price online. May go down the ebay route to avoid getting an ugly "classics" copy.

Finished The Witcher 2 last night. I think Gamestm summed it up best when talked about the level of craftsmanship CD Projekt displayed in their games. It's an excellent sequel to the first Witcher with all the great stuff carried over (writing, atmosphere, story, characters, meaningful choices) and the bad stuff trimmed down (TW2 is a healthy 20-30 hours shorter than the first game and with much less backtracking).

I don't think the experience quite reaches the heights of Mass Effect or Fallout 3, but it's comfortably a great game.

• 5 months later...

Started again yesterday, the prologue is really good so I didn't mind starting again after all. I'm back in the village with all the side quests again, they're generally good side quests but take ages so I might just skip most of them, plus one that I tried to do I couldn't anyway because there were shed loads of monsters to fight and I just keep dying.

I'm really enjoying this, the main story is great.

Had massive annoyance with a boss mind, it was sort of my fault too,

you have to use traps, I equipped the trap, pressed a button and he lays a trap, it doesn't work, it does nothing, retried this for a bit, I had been told it was quite difficult..then tried watching a YouTube guide, I was maybe not laying the traps in the right place, so tried again for a bit, still nothing, I was doing it seemingly exactly the same as the dude on YouTube...then watched again and noticed his traps were different to mine. After some more fafing around I realise there are 2 different traps assigned to 2 different buttons :facepalm:

The fetch quests weren't so bad. Been paying this as non stop as possible, just finished, really enjoyed it. Well I'm still watching the credits, a message pops up saying watch the credits for more of the ending or something, so I've been sat hear for about 10 mins watching them so far, been reading the Internet at the same time and I'm now worried the credits are looping, the animation is definitely looping...

Had difficulty with the combat at the start but it gets really easy for the most part. It's still quite easy to die if you don't pay attention though. Had some really powerful sword at the end too, barely had to bother with magic or sword oils and stuff like that. Theres a mini quest to make that sword, this guy asks for loads of rare ingredients but I already had them all because I'd been hoarding stuff throughout the game, so glad at least some of the crap I'd been lugging around came in handy.

Mostly avoided side quests, although some seemed quite good but would require some investigation that I couldn't be bothered with, so I half did quite a few. There was one I was trying to do but couldn't work out how to get/make the specific bombs needed.

it's also funny quite often, so that was good.

Occasionally I used a guide, sometimes the one included in the fancy pc version, but it was also occasionally wrong as it was for the non-enhanced version.

Upto around 20 mins and the credits are still going...

• 1 year later...

So did this take everyone a while to get in to or did you all just love it straight away?

I'm playing on the 360 and so far I'm not having a good time. The camera and the controls feel over sensitive and the combat is awful. I'm only persevering because of the glowing reviews here. I'm only just inside the Castle, I've just opened the gate for the King so I haven't done much but yea, so far not so good.