passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Tomahawk Rob

Thanks. Yeah, it's the new hub area. I think I have 4 more missions to do going off the achievements, but I can't really be sure as it looks like they lumped all the side quests and DLC in together. I need to buckle down and get this done as I'm busy with work over the weekend.

Anyway, fuck playing it with KBAM or pad Sly, you should rock it lightgun style like Jesse Pinkman. ;-)

Totally unrelated but that annoyed me to the point I almost switched the episode off.

Completely pulls me out of films/tv shows when they 'play' a game wrong. Didn't Enemy of The State do it with FF8? Either button bashing or 2 player? Or both!!

Also - RAGE = awesome. The wingsticks are one of my favourite weapons in any game ever. Loved taking off mutant's heads with those babies!

Whenever I see games on tv or film it makes me cringe. I am in 2 minds when I see someone playing a PSP and it's making Atari 2600 noises. I mean, have they just ballsed it up or is it meant to be a cracked PSP running emu's? That's either blind ignorance or hardcore to the bone.

Anyway, back onto the topic of RAGE. I think I'm on the last mission now, I'm off into some base where I have to blow up a bridge or climb some cliff face. Fuck knows, the writing and direction in this game isn't the strongest. The gunplay and AI have really impressed me, the game should have started off on that foot instead of leaving it for later in the game. Giving you a shit pistol and making you rely on that for the first 90 minutes isn't the best example of what the game has to offer.

I'm surprised there was never a RAGE 2, I've played worst game that got sequels. It's also surprising how few people here have played it, it's right up a few of most of the peoples streets that post here. It might not be the best overall, but it's highly competent, it's worth experiencing for the fact that it has the best ragdolling I've ever seen in a game, it makes all the other games look kind of lame now in that department. It's quite something to headshot an enemy that's running towards you and watchin him carry on running from the inertia he's gained only trip over some cover in a realistic weighty manner. It's beautiful physics at their best.

The Authority AR? That's really nice, although when I started with it it was kind of cack until I upgraded it. It's got a real visceral feel to it when you're using it on fleshy types, the concentrated spread of it means you practically never have to use the sights on it. It's like the 90's all over again.

All done. I only used that weapon when it got a bit hairy, the Authority AR with the alternate ammo saw almost all of that last level off. I'm a bit surprised at how it ended, not much or a challenge really, although considering the last few games I've played that could be a good thing.

I'm going to spoil the game now. These Arks are all over the world, right? It's noted that survivors are susceptible to whatever happens to be around them when they emerge, the player themselves is saved by Hagar from bandits the Ark in the canyon similarly getting jumped by bandits as it opens. That's a 100% record of Arks getting attacked on opening. I fail to see how opening the Arks benefits anyone beyond the bandits that raid them as they open. It'd have made sense if they're opened one by one to ensure the people and data inside is safe if it hasn't perished already.

Stupid fucking story.