passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

spatular

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tried insane planet twisted shadow whatever and didn't like it. think i might have got to the boss without picking up something i needed to kill it. seems to have good reviews except eurogamer so i don't know.

Yeah, i thought exactly the same when I reached the first boss last night, but nah, you just have try a slightly different tactic against it.

I instabought it as I'd been looking forward to it for ages, so I'm not entirely sure how far the trial goes, but at a guess, I'd say that it's probably not the greatest trial as the first 'zone' is pretty much just shooting & exploring... However, the rest of the game has a lot more of a puzzle elements to it...

I started last night and completed it this morning so it's kinda short, but overall it's probably a bit longer than Pixeljunk Shooter.

Some of the puzzles & boss fights were pretty decent, however the final one was a bit of a letdown:

I was expecting you to have to use a combination of all the upgrades against it, but no, it's just a shoot & dodge type affair <_< ... and it was the only boss that didn't actually kill me!

Haven't tried 'Lantern Mode' yet so haven't a clue what that's like, other than it's score based.

Overall, I'd say it's definitely worth picking up in DotW, but maybe not worth the full 1200 points...

EDIT: Not sure whether a mod wants to break these two posts off for their own topic??

Yeah, i thought exactly the same when I reached the first boss last night, but nah, you just have try a slightly different tactic against it.

fair enough. i tried grabbing at it a bit but that didn't seem to do much either.

it does sound pretty good, and yeah it looks really nice, but the demo mostly playing like a crap twin stick shooter really put me off :unsure: maybe i'll get it in a sale :)

I'm about half-way through this now. It's good, but not brilliant. It feels a bit claustrophobic at times, like the camera is zoomed in too far. I'm not a huge fan of the menus and map screen, either. It's a shame the developers didn't use the d-pad at all, it would have been ideal for selecting the extra items you acquire throughout the game. Instead you only have the four face buttons to assign them to, with the others being selected by hitting LB or RB and then using the stick to select one. The boss battles and puzzles have been fun so far, and I am now in the Ice world, which is a nice change of scenery. There's little to no challenge though. At least, so far. It's not as Metroidvania-y as something like Shadow Complex, which is a far better game.

I am enjoying it, just not quite as much as I'd hoped I would.

I had no real pre-expectations of this game so, to quote Spatular "Im enjoying it to the max".

Real stuck at the moment. Big blueish ice crystal. Red one underneath. I have what its telling you you need. Ive done all the groundwork. Ive no idea why its not working.

Very impressed with this so far. Played about halfway through the ice world and the puzzles are getting more and more devious, as are the bosses. Art and sound are still impressing and i'm loving the Metroid-ish style exploration and progression.

As for minus points, I agree with RetroEd about the camera, it could certainly do with at least having the option to pull it back a little. Could do with having a minimap as well.

Beat final boss t'other day. It was a bit of a pain in the arse to start with but when i finally beat him it took about 2 minutes.

I really didnt enjoy the Electric World at all, some good ideas but i hate wondering around in the dark in games. And i agree with Ed's comments about the camera being too zoomed in sometimes but it also applies to being too zoomed out, i was struggling to see some of the smaller enemies and projectiles.

Overall, niggles aside its a stellar title. Shame its 1200, 800 points would have been more sensible (as with all XBLA titles really).

Ive uncovered the whole map and ive got 1 more artifact to find, thats going to be a massive ache in the bumhole.

Ive uncovered the whole map and ive got 1 more artifact to find, thats going to be a massive ache in the bumhole.

Not sure if this'll help you dog:

There's a really well hidden one at the (I think) bottom left of the electric zone that I chanced upon to complete the set for me... There's also a couple of small "rooms" that are kinda seperate from the rest of the map that you need to find the entrance "pipe" to gain access to them...

Beat this earlier today. Enjoyed it for the most part but the infuriating final boss tarnished the experience somewhat. One simple change could've made it better; Just make the shield 360 degrees but make it degrade quicker.

I couldn't recommend it at 1200 MARPs though tbh, 800 would be more like it.

Not sure if this'll help you dog:

There's a really well hidden one at the (I think) bottom left of the electric zone that I chanced upon to complete the set for me... There's also a couple of small "rooms" that are kinda seperate from the rest of the map that you need to find the entrance "pipe" to gain access to them...

I got the ones in the rooms slightly offset to the map, but cheers. And i rekon i got that one in the Electric zone but i might go back and have a look.

I think the one im missing maybe in that stupid place on the right with all the twisting and turning the world upsidown and sideways. Ive scoured the left but i got so ficked off i cheesed it before properly looking around the right.

• 2 months later...

From Trucheeves:

The delayed "Shadow Hunters" DLC for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet has finally made it onto the Marketplace. The main campaign has now had a storyline expansion that picks up where the main game left off. Players can battle online or with friends to get rid of the remnants of the invasive Shadow Entity once and for all before it begins to spread cross a nearby asteroid belt. The DLC adds five new achievements worth a total of 50G.
Insanely Twisted: Shadow Hunters is the first downloadable expansion for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. The nefarious entity that corrupted your home world's star has been defeated but not completely eradicated. The remnants are now lurking in a nearby asteroid belt and gaining strength, and it’s up to our hero and a team of UFO pilots to search it out and destroy the entity once and for all!

Im all over this like Justin is Britney.