passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo Reach

Jimboxy

:o U iz teh haxxorz!11!1

Sam, Jim and I absolutely hammered Reach this weekend just gone, played it for 14 hours according to Raptr. I dont know what it is about the multiplyer that keeps bringing me back, i mean at times its a wholly frustrating experience, but when you get it right and your all working as a team there's not a lot that comes close to it.

At first, cunts using Armour Lock constantly were ruining the experience. Every time you attack them they hide in their little shell before popping out and killing you. So after 2 hours of constantly moaning about the shitty tactic we tried it ourselves and we won at least 75% of our matches. Its not even a 'if you cant beat them, join them' scenario, its more like recognising the pro way of playing and doing it better than anyone else who uses it. :) Now we are those cunts who we hated.

But we did work fucking well as a team, using Jim as our bullet sponge leaving Sam and me to pwn with Shotguns, Swords and Hammers (if we werent dieing from a rogue Jim grenade).

Even after a whole weekends play i want moar.

go Halo!

yeah the armour lock is annoying, not sure if you guys know this stuff but just in case - never punch someone in armour lock as it takes your shield off, also don't stand close to them as if they charge it for a bit then come out of it this EMP's your shield off, occasionally shoot someone in armour lock stops their shield recharging. i usually hit reload as soon as i see someone go into it - this sometimes helps and sometimes doesn't.

the most annoying things in the game for me are the banshee (they are so powerful that some games most of the opposition are camping the banshee spawn points) and people who have roll and sward/shotgun :fist:

Your armour lock annoys the hell out of me too,thanks for the info spat didnt know that. I do reload straight away but i stand there like a mug throwing grenades timing it to when the armour lock runs out.

I cant see me using it though. I've always been the one running around like a madman.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Defiant maps are live.

Not massively impressed so far but on reflection nor was I with the Noble maps but I ended up loving those.

Highlands is ideally for Big Team Slayer really, thing is you only ever get to play 4 on 4 and its just too bloody big. The only real way to rack up kills is to hide and be the sniper everyone hates or get the Spartan Laser and fuck up the impatient person who just drives around the middle in the vehicles.

And Uplink seem smallish but on the four times i played it i seemed to be wondering around not really seeing anyone. Didnt make for very exciting games.

Oh well.

Not massively impressed so far but on reflection nor was I with the Noble maps but I ended up loving those.

Highlands is ideally for Big Team Slayer really, thing is you only ever get to play 4 on 4 and its just too bloody big. The only real way to rack up kills is to hide and be the sniper everyone hates or get the Spartan Laser and fuck up the impatient person who just drives around the middle in the vehicles.

And Uplink seem smallish but on the four times i played it i seemed to be wondering around not really seeing anyone. Didnt make for very exciting games.

Oh well.

yeah i sort of agree, didn't like either of them at first playing slayer but then played bomb/flag games on the small one and flag/stockpile games on the big one and liked them a bit more, still not fully convinced though.

nice work hinn!

been playing the new maps more, i quite like the smaller one but still get a bit lost in it. and the big one has potential too but there's a problem with the power weapons respawning too quickly so everyone is running round with rocket launchers and snipers and stuff so it's hard to get anywhere, they're going to fix this in an update at some point.

also there's going to be a new playlist with community made old halo maps, no abilities and speed/jumping adjusted to be like old halo :D

Finally hit Lt. Colonel! & Got the 1000G.

Thats awesome dude. Ive just hit Major Grade 3 so i rekon i'll clear that this week. I only need Let it Rain and Totally Worth It (double kill from the grave).

I am, however, going through the worst spell of Halo ive played in a long, long time. I seem to re-spawn in a hail of bullets, in front of oncoming vehicles, directly in site of a camping sniper and on top of all that i cant seem to kill anybody. Plus my connection keeps dropping for some reason.

Finally hit Lt. Colonel! & Got the 1000G.

Thats awesome dude. Ive just hit Major Grade 3 so i rekon i'll clear that this week. I only need Let it Rain and Totally Worth It (double kill from the grave).

I am, however, going through the worst spell of Halo ive played in a long, long time. I seem to re-spawn in a hail of bullets, in front of oncoming vehicles, directly in site of a camping sniper and on top of all that i cant seem to kill anybody. Plus my connection keeps dropping for some reason.

this pretty much sums up all of my halo games evah

^ yeah I have ups and downs with halo, sometimes you can't win and sometimes you can't lose, that's just the way it goes.

had a little go of the new playlists the last two nights:

the new maps have been "fixed" so power weapons respawn slower so that's good.

banshees removed from big maps - replaced with hornets (right name? the 3 people flying things anyway) which so far seems brilliant, my bigest problem with the balancing was the banshees being overpowered, the hornets are still powerful but much easier to take out - great stuff :D

new action sack playlist full of crazy game types - this is both awesome and stupid at the same time:

- hockey with golf balls and golf clubs - mental fun and really hard to score, but i did score an own goal :unsure:

- halo ball - like a halo version of skeetball? stupid.

- speedpile - stockpile but faster and you can shoot and cary more than one flag at the same time.

- speedflag, 2 flag ctf - touch return - cary flag and shoot at the same time - this was really good fun :)

old school halo maps/no abilities playlist - only had one game on this as it's slayer only but the recreation of beaver creek was good - need to play this one more.

I might have to start playing this again. I used to love all the silly modes in H3.

they don't leave these playlists in forever, they usually swap them round every few weeks so if you want to try thoes crazy modes don't leave it too long :) they'll probably be back at some point in the future mind.

someone sent me a voice message just now calling me a faggot and stuff for face humping him after killing him with rockets when he wasn't even trying, i didn't do it as it annoys me (i sometimes ask my team to stop it if i catch them!) so i sent one back saying it wasn't me, watch the video or something, and amazingly he did watch the video, and sent me an apology! :lol::awe:

also just got max achievements for the 3rd time :)

• 1 month later...