passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sin & Punishment 2

spatular

this is out today in the uk, got mine and its pretty awesome :) switching from into the screen to 2d shooter, beating up dolphins, reflecting missiles and a mad plot. i'm finding it pretty hard even on easy, stuck on the 3rd level and gave up for now, like the original no doubt when you know what you're doing it's a bit easier but still pretty hard. it looks nice, occasionally struggling to see everything (playing on 14" crt) because there's lots of small stuff to aim at.

its quite similar to the first one but thats no bad thing and it's probably the only other game you could compare it to as there's nothing else quite like it.

completed it today, alot longer than the original.

did it on easy just to see the whole game, but it was tricky in places. however, now that I know how to deal with most of the enemies I don't think normal will be too bad. so if you do get this, i'd recommend easy first!

put well over 100 hours on the original (imported it on n64, cost about £90, worth every penny, one of the greatest games ever imo) and can see that happening again

controls are alot better than the original too, which was great once you got used to it, but put too many people off trying. this one everyone should be able to jump straight in

finally finished it, found it hard work in places, had a look at a video walkthrough for some parts - it sometimes helped, and other times left me just as confused as i was trying to do it on my own, and for the last boss the video looked a lot easier than what i had to do, i read somewhere that it scales the difficulty based on the control method so i guess i was doing the hardest version of easy using the wii remote as a pointer.

a few parts it felt like i got through with luck, but with more practice i'm sure it wouldn't be reliant on luck, most parts i was stuck on i gradually got better at or learnt the trick to doing, but some took a lot of retrys - good checkpoints though hardly had to re-do much other than what i was stuck on.

overall, although i didn't enjoy it as much as i was expecting to because i really like the first one, overcoming the hard parts was worth it for the good bits, and there are a lot of good and unique moments as these games really aren't like anything else.

it's a bit too long imo, for a game where you should want to play it over and over for a better score, i'm not sure i'll go back to it much, although maybe one level at a time would be good. i remember the first one being really hard too but also a lot shorter so i didn't mind replaying bits as much.

also played it in 2 player with Ben, and it's a bit tacked on - player 2 can shoot with a cursor - nothing else, but also i imagine really helpfull if you can't get past a bit as it makes it a lot easier.

edit - oh yeah here is the video walkthrough if anyone's interested:

http://www.gameanyone.com/video/181210

I quite enjoyed it in 2 player, although I was the one with full control where as for you it was just a lightgun game. Which is the thing I guess, it come across as a mix between jappy shooter and a lightgun game.

It's very easy in 2 player too, things like batting missiles back act as the biggest problem, and because I had someone else shooting things down, I could concentrate solely on that when needed. Cant imagine it was much fun for spatular though

i enjoyed the multiplayer too, it just seemed a bit tacked on, and like you say easy. it was better for seeing what was going on in the game and stuff though, i'm sure in single player i missed loads of stuff by just franticly trying to stay alive!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got round to playing my copy today. I had a brief go on the original before this one arrived, there really is nothing else like it. It's like playing a lightgun shooter and a 3rd person action game at the same time, tense stuff.

A few days a go I played it on normal and got proper killed by these giant eel things, it was then I realised what the fuck was I doing playing a Treasure game on normal, so I started again on easy, the bosses aren't as fun early on but atleast I can now handel the ones further in the game.

Oh, and it has my favourite quote in a game ever. "Now we run like our lives depend on it.... because they do". Delivered without a hint of irony. I lol'd hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Help please.

I think I'm on the last boss, the one where you protect the spirit or whatever of the girl. She gets pounded by those missiles and I can't hit back anywhere near enough of them to hurt the baddie. The best I think I've done is taking away half his health.

Is there a trick to it or do I just have to be faster?

Help please.

I think I'm on the last boss, the one where you protect the spirit or whatever of the girl. She gets pounded by those missiles and I can't hit back anywhere near enough of them to hurt the baddie. The best I think I've done is taking away half his health.

Is there a trick to it or do I just have to be faster?

yeah, i found that bit really tricky too, first few tries i couldn't see how i was going to do it, watched a video of it being done but not sure that helped.

i think the missiles make some sort of chain reaction, so if you hit them at the right time they take out more with them, not totally sure about that though. and hitting the different coloured (dark orange?) ones seems to set off the chain reactions better

think it was a bit of luck getting past it in the end though, and maybe just getting a little better/faster each time, took me loads of retries. sorry that's maybe not much help. Good luck!