passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gears of War 3

Hendo

• 3 weeks later...

Epic fans to receive special Gears 3 unlocks:

Owners of past Epic Games productions will receive "special unlocks" in Gears of War 3, design director Cliff Bleszisnki has said.

There's no word on the kinds of rewards you can expect, but the unlocks will apparently cross publisher lines – so even fans of Midway's Unreal Tournament III can expect recognition in the Microsoft-backed Gears 3.

"Look for special unlocks in Gears 3 for those of you who have played other Epic games such as Shadow Complex, UT3, Gears, and Bulletstorm," Bleszinski tweeted overnight.

How cheap can Sly find a copy of UTIII for?

Also, not many people bothered with the free Flashback map pack on Gears 2.

Epic Games' Jim Brown has revealed that not many people bothered to access the free downloadable content given away with Gears of War 2 at release.

The Flashback Map Pack came with the game and all you had to do to get the contents was input one of those redeemable codes. Brown was perplexed by the lack of take-up.

"We gave away five or six maps completely free when you bought the game and I think it was less than 30 per cent of people downloaded it," Brown told Official Xbox Magazine.

"It was free, in the box, they just never bothered to do it. So again, why? Is it a matter of accessibility? Is it people don't like typing in a 16-digit code? What's the reason? It's a weird numbers game."

I think for a lot of people they just didn't know about the code for the flashbacks. I ended up telling a lot of non forum friends that there was a code in the box to get some free content.

I dunno about getting other EPIC games to unlock stuff. Might just lend if it's a case of the game being on the gamertag. If you have to have specific achievements like you did to unlock the stuff on GoW2 I think I'll pass.

• 4 weeks later...

Madcatz making Gears 3 peripherals...

Written by osubluejacket yesterday at 15:34

In a press released issued today, Epic and Mad Catz have announced an agreement stating that Mad Catz has secured global rights to produce and market a range of specialty controllers, headphones and peripherals for their upcoming release, Gears of War 3.

The press release goes on to state:

Mad Catz was one of Epic Games’ original licensing partners as it produced Gears of War and Gears of War 2 themed products for Xbox 360 including faceplates, a faceplate and Console Skinz™ combo pack including graphics to customize the sides of the console, and a Console Crate™ hard case for transporting and storing the Xbox 360 console.

Full details have yet to be released as to exactly what the peripherals will be (beyond "specialty controllers and headphones"), but you can be sure to expect the high quality products for which Mad Catz is famous.

Awesome. <_<

Owners of past Epic Games productions will receive "special unlocks" in Gears of War 3, design director Cliff Bleszisnki has said.

There's no word on the kinds of rewards you can expect, but the unlocks will apparently cross publisher lines – so even fans of Midway's Unreal Tournament III can expect recognition in the Microsoft-backed Gears 3.

"Look for special unlocks in Gears 3 for those of you who have played other Epic games such as Shadow Complex, UT3, Gears, and Bulletstorm," Bleszinski tweeted overnight.

Or not.

"Turns out that we can't read the Bulletstorm, Shadow Complex, and UT3 achievements for unlocks in Gears 3 after all," tweeted Gears of War 3 lead programmer Joe Graf.

"Sorry about that."

Later, Graf explained the decision. "For those of you that are sad about the unlocks, it turns out that you can't read the data outside of your publisher/dev family.

"All of the Gears games are in our publisher/dev family, so those we will reward with unlocks."

But why not Shadow Complex, the Epic Games published, Chair Entertainment developed Xbox Live Arcade game?

"Shadow Complex has the right publisher but its title ID is in not the same dev family," Graf said.

• 2 weeks later...
Gears of War 3 will be released on September 20, Microsoft has announced.

In a brief statement the publisher described the final instalment of Epic Games’ trilogy as “the glorious conclusion to one of the most memorable sagas in videogames’ history.”

The game includes five-on-five competitive multiplayer, four-player campaign co-op and a new multiplayer gametype, Beast Mode, in which players control the Locust horde.

Microsoft says more news on the multiplayer mode’s upcoming public beta will be announced in due course.

EDGE

I bet they are wanting to get out before BF3 and CoD:DILLIGAF start a fucking riot before Christmas. Speaking of which, there is news I came to post on BF3.

Battlefront 3? A riot you say? You're silly.

Speaking of which, I would have totally got that Star Wars Battlefront III if it ever came out. The bits I saw of it looked aces. It was finished too apparently. Such a waste to finish a game and then never release it.