passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom

spatular

anyone getting that winterbottom/umbrella dude game today? looks like it could be good, if a little annnoying.

edit, played the demo, it's pretty good, smacking yourself all over the screen is fun, i got a bit stuck though so guess it's going to be pretty hard.

anyone getting that winterbottom/umbrella dude game today? looks like it could be good, if a little annnoying.

edit, played the demo, it's pretty good, smacking yourself all over the screen is fun, i got a bit stuck though so guess it's going to be pretty hard.

Bought it today. Only done the trial section so far but i've got a presentation to do for uni tomorrow so i'll get stuck into it tonight hopefully. I got a bit stuck too but nothing that was too frustrating.

Split this off from the generic thread because I figured there could be a lot of head-scratching going on.

I've been waiting for this for a good year or two and then it comes out and I have no points, but put a load of points on my account now so I'll be unlocking the full game.

I hoped it was gonna do for me and a mate what Braid did, and I tried the trial and it certainly seems to be that kind of head-scratching puzzle game.

Looks and sounds awesome too.

For me it reminded me of braid all over again, great art style, mysterious story and same kind of lobby.

Did all the trials quite easily and done the bonus level and got both medals but i can see this game annoying me when i cnt figure a puzzle like on braid.

I think i'll pick this up when its cheaper.

Man, I'm loving this game now. I've just got to the fourth set of levels, my head hurts a little. Its fucking awesome when you do a level though, I literally throw my arms in the air and shout FUCK YEAH! I like the feeling Winterbottom gives me, it makes me feel good, like I'm Halle Berry and Winterbottom is Billy Bob Thornton....

• 3 weeks later...

I bought this last night, started getting proper stuck on just the second world though. :(

The level I gave up on was one with a bunch of stairs on the right hand side and the timed numbered pies to collect. You only have 1 clone to use as well so I have no idea how to do it.

Brilliant game though.

Finally managed to play this with my partner in crime and we got as far as the 4th or 5th world I think.

Just after the point where they introduce the evil red clone idea, which is genius but I'm stuck on one that I just can't figure out.

I think we used a guide on a couple of levels due to either them looking impossible or being able to see the solution but just not quite working out if we were coming unstuck because of timing.

• 3 months later...

always intended to get this at some point so the 400 point deal this week was a good time to bite, and its awesome :D i've been stuck in places, got to the last set of levels but not tried them yet, sometimes over thinking things where it looks like you might have to do something cleaver but just smacking some clones about as fast as possible does the job, most of the levels are really clever though and it brings out a smile when you finally get it. again its awesome. music is great too.

I love the music and the art direction and the sense of humour, but I find the structure of the game gets a little tiresome after a short while. I don't tend to do many screens before I want to move on to something else.

i know what you mean about only playing for a short time, i have the same thing with mario galaxy 2, but i'm not sure what else they could do with the structure of the game to change that? maybe have all/more the levels open so you can skip ahead if you get stuck, but there's always the challenge levels to try if you get stuck.

completed the main levels tonight, still got loads of challenge ones to do mind, really enjoyed it but still think some levels are a bit hit and miss.