Left 4 Dead 2

stoobie

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left 4 Dead 'The Sacrifice' DLC Coming October 5th

Written Monday, September 27, 2010 By Richard Walker

'The Sacrifice' is coming to both Left 4 Dead 1&2 next week and is a prequel to Left 4 Dead 2's 'The Passing' DLC, which is currently on the XBL Marketplace for 560 MS Points.

Telling a new story from the perspective of the survivors as they all journey South, The Sacrifice's big draw is the introduction of a new 'sacrificial gameplay' finale, which places the decision of who croaks and who survives in your hands.

The Sacrifice is available as separate downloads for both Left 4 Dead titles. In the Left 4 Dead 1 version, you'll get the full The Sacrifice campaign with maps playable in Campaign, Versus and Survival. Meanwhile, the Left 4 Dead 2 version lets you play through The Sacrifice campaign with the Left 4 Dead survivors and also gives you L4D's No Mercy campaign for Left 4 Dead 2.

Both The Sacrifice and No Mercy are playable in Left 4 Dead 2's Campaign, Versus, Survival and Scavenge, and feature L4D2's Special Infected, items and weapons. Bill, Zoey, Louis and Francis with chainsaws, axes and frying pans?! Yes, please!

The Sacrifice will be available from October 5th on the Xbox Live Marketplace for 560 Microsoft Points.

the_sacrifice_final_med.jpg

The Sacrifice will be available from October 5th on the Xbox Live Marketplace for 560 Microsoft Points.

Bargain! I was expecting it to be at least 800 what with it having 'No Mercy' in there as well! However, I wonder if it'll be two seperate downloads... one for each game?

Also, I hope there's some fun new cheevos to collect!

Left 4 Dead Updated to 1500 [updated]

Written Sunday, October 03, 2010 By Alan Pettit

You read that right, folks. There's no "2" in the title for a reason. The original Left 4 Dead has been updated to 1500 with five new achievements and an additional 250 gamerscore for the upcoming "The Sacrifice" DLC. No word yet if similar achievements, if any, will be coming to the sequel.

Update: According to Valve on the L4D Blog, both games will have the same achievements, so expect an update to L4D2 in the next day or so. The achievements have currently not been posted to xbox.com for L4D2 yet though.

The Sacrifice will be available for both versions of the game (and will need to be purchased separately), for 560 Microsoft Points on this coming Tuesday, October 5th.

Supreme Sacrifice 50

Complete "The Sacrifice".

Kill Bill 50

Have Bill sacrifice himself for the team.

Barrel Rolled 50

Kill a Special Infected with an exploding barrel.

Chaos Generator 50

Have all 3 generators running at once in "The Sacrifice" finale.

Sacrifizzle 50

As a Special Infected, incap someone who is trying to sacrifice themselves.

Seems stupud having to buy the same thing twice.

Awesome!

Seems stupud having to buy the same thing twice.

I don't reckon there's gonna be any actual real difference between the two versions of this new campaign, so I guess the L4D version is just for hardcore-cheevo-whores or people who didn't bother with the sequel...

I wondered how they'd get the one DLC for both games to work with Microsoft. It seems they couldn't.

Seems like the the L4D2 version is the better value, what with also having the No Mercy campaign in it. I'll be getting the L4D2 version for sure, and giving the other one a miss I reckon.

• 4 months later...

Straight from the horse's mouth.. the horse being the True Achievements news feed...

Valve has been working on a surprise. That surprise is another, currently un-named, DLC package for Left 4 Dead 2.

Matthew Lourdelet will be an unfamiliar name to Xbox gamers. This is the man behind the successful L4D2 2 Evil Eyes campaign, a mod exclusively available to the PC community. He's been working on a new campaign - Cold Stream. The campaign isn't finished yet, but Valve thinks that it "looks even more promising" than 2 Evil Eyes. As a result, they will be releasing this campaign as DLC for both the Xbox 360 and PC platforms.

Unlike previous DLC outings for the game, the Cold Stream campaign will not fit into the current storylines for either Left 4 Dead or Left 4 Dead 2:

The very first step in creating a new DLC is deciding on the larger goals and constraints for the DLC. The Sacrifice and the Passing were story heavy, so we want to see what the other end of the spectrum looks like. For this DLC we start with wanting to experiment by releasing a map pack that wasn’t about story. It would just be new campaigns for Left 4 Dead 2.

That makes the first constraint no new audio or story.

Further details on the new campaign have not been announced yet, but as a bonus, Valve has confirmed that this DLC package will also contain the remaining three campaigns from L4D1 - Dead Air, Blood Harvest and Death Toll; No Mercy was included as part of The Sacrifice in Left 4 Dead 2.

Those of you who play L4D2 on the PC or Mac will be able to get a sneak peak at the new campaign, as Valve will be adding Cold Stream to the user interface for gamers to help with the beta testing. However, the Cold Stream forum is currently up and running for all gamers (including Xbox 360 players) to add suggestions and ideas for features that they would like to see implemented in the new campaign.

The DLC does not have a release date yet (surprise!), but Valve has said that it will not be released until after Portal 2 has been released. Portal 2, is due to be released on April 19th, 2011 in North America, and on April 22nd in Europe, so don't expect to see the DLC before those dates.

It doesn't get nearly enough playtime from me, but regardless, count me in!