passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DJ Hero

illdog

not sure if there should be a new thread? anyway played quite a lot of dj hero 2 today, and while there is some new stuff, the main things from the first game remain - its great fun and the music is really good.

the new stuff mainly comes in the form of new moves to do while dj-ing, some obvious stuff like held button presses, and some kick ass stuff that makes it a lot more like you're being a dj - these are the frestyle sections, there's freestyle scratching so you can basically do whatever you want with the scratching for a bit, and freestyle cross fading so you can choose which track gets played and swap between them - these bits are really good fun, like creating the mix as you go!

also there's no guitar bits, they've replaced the extra peripheral with the mic so you can sing/rap along - which sounds pretty cool to me.

Its all good adding it to this thread man.

Mine dropped through the post box on Saturday, i was just waiting to finish of Casltevania LoS before i started this, glad to hear its good though, cant wait to get back into D-jicka-Jaying.

i hope to see you in da club poping some phat beats soon illdog. (was that gangsta enough? probably not)

only real bad thing i can think of is you don't seem to be able to choose to have a "yeahhh boyeee" button anymore, it picks the sample for you to better fit in with the music, it's probably better but i'll miss the "yeahhh boyeee" :(

other bad points are probably actually good things too, it shows people on your friends list scores while playing as a line on the star meter thing so you can see how close/far away you are from them, its a good idea but i like that i can ignore scores in rock band so i don't see all the people ahead of me as its annoying. maybe its turnoffable.

oh and the next track starts really quick after the last one so i keep mising the first notes, again its good there's less waiting aroung but i'm just not used to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot how much i fucking love DJ Hero. Started the second one last night and three hours later i blinked for the first time. The mixes of songs are fucking awesome - i was a bit meh when first i read the tracklist but the DJ's have done an incredible job mashing some of these songs together.

I looooove the freestyle crossfades, when you know the vocal track of the song your playing and these sections crop up you can make some excellent mixes.

:toss:

I'm really tempted by this, the DJ Hero 1 + 2 wih turntable bundle is 70 quid on shopto at the moment, but I don't know if it's worth waiting to see if drops even more closer to Christmas? I'll definitely be getting it at some point, anyway.

I just go into a crazy trance when i play this game. Had another 3 hour session last night and it was epic. The mixes on this game are just amazing, i was nodding my head like a crazy person whilst mixing.

Anyways, i finished Emmpire Mode last night which is the main game, where you visit different countries playing sets to your adoring fans and having one on one battles with other DJ's. I managed to get 5 stars on every song on Normal first go (except the very first one to be honest, i was a bit rusty) and that certainly wasnt the case in the first game so im thinking Normal is a bit easier this time round.

Time to ante up.

Oh, and just to reiterate, this game kicks fucking ass.

• 1 month later...

I got the DJ Hero 1 & 2 bundle for Christmas, not got around to playing it yet, but Activision has a bunch of the DLC at 50% off this week.I have the Tiesto DJ Hero 2 DLC that I got for free a couple months back. The DLC on offer is the Hit makers mix pack and Electro mix pack for DJ Hero 2, and the Jay-Z vs Eminem pack and David Guetta pack for DJ Hero 1. They're 320MSP per pack. Does anyone have any of them? I was thinking of getting the two DJ Hero 2 packs.

I've finally started playing DJ Hero, after lusting after it for so long. I decided to jump straight into DJ Hero 2. I've done all the tutorials, and am now a decent way into Empire mode on Normal. I'm having such a good time with it, it's bloody awesome! So good that I decided to stick it in at number 5 in my best of 2010 list.

It's completely messed up my Gamerscore, though. I don't like it ending in anything but a 0 or 5. :(

I got DJ Hero 2 for my birthday and I've been scratching 'n' sliding or whatever. I forgot how good this game is, it's immense so far, the mixes are as good as the ones from the first game, if not more consistent.

Loving the new additions too, the freestyle crossfading stuff is cool, I get it wrong most the time and make the songs sound like shit but when you get it right it kicks ass; like the drum fills on RB.

So yeah, loads of fun. I went right to hard and I'm destroying it so far.