passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bionic Commando

HandsomeDead

For me this is going down as the most surprisingly brilliant games this year. I was put off by some average reveiws but I ended up pretty much loving it.

I didn't to start with though, you spend the start of the game virtually powerless and it plays like a very last gen third person shooter and its only with the abilities you get later in the game does the whole game come together. There is alot of ways of killing something later on, flinging cars into mechs, flinginging a man in the air and pumping him full of lead before he hits the ground or swinging around taking out enemies like Spiderman... with a granade launcher.

It is the swinging that makes it for me, this could be because I've never played any of the Spiderman games so its like all new and novel. Swooping around and getting a lock on a flying machine baddy with a rocket launcher and then doing a 180 firing them off and then catching some scenerie and swinging away was a great power trip.

It has its bad points I guess, the enviroments are samey and there has been some harsh difficulty spikes and I think the story is shit but I've stopped paying attention to that.

After playing this I'm a bit sad that Grin are dead, I know the Terminator game was meant to be garbage but this showed a great grasp of what a good action game should be.

I think Grin did the Rearmed version as well.

The demo for this put me off as it was multi only and you felt thrown in at the deep end whereas they should've used some of the single player parts as that's what people were interested in.

Also it had a lot of people complaining that it was too tough so it'll be interesting to see how this pans out for you.

So I'm very near the en now, probably over 90%. The last sections I did were both amazing and frustrating. I see where the difficulty critacisms are coming in, sometimes its very easy to die but if you really keep your wits about you and use all you abilities you will be fine. I remember seeing some reveiws saying that you can get through the game just using the same move but thats probably why they found it so difficult too, using you brains a bit in this dumb action game will help, a good keen eye on what you can grab onto helps too.

For me this game is sitting with Ninja Gaiden II, it can get unfair at times but its also all the more satisfying for it. Dare I say it but as a single player, dumb fun game I think I'm enjoying it more than the mighty Gears of War.

Triple postage.

I came, I saw, I finished and I liked. The ending was nice and easy, it also made little sense. This is the first Bionic Commando game I've played and I'm now thinking of trying that remake kicking around in download land.

It gave me my first gold Trophy too, nice.

• 4 months later...

This games pretty good innit? The movement is very fluid and he runs and swings around like a treat. The controls took a little getting used too but now theyve clicked im swinging around like a goodun.

The only thing thats frustrated me so far is when Spencer falls in water, unless theres something very close you can lock onto and pull yourself out your doomed. And the path isnt always immediately clear but i guess if it was you'd have nothing to wrap your brain around.

The last sections I did were both amazing and frustrating.

Pretty much this. Altho im siding with more frustrating.

The Mohole boss, the metal worm in the carpark, was a proper cunt. It took me 5 attempts to beat it but the frustrating part was how long he takes to beat, dieing when he has fuck all energy left means at least 10 minutes of arsing around. That wasnt fun.

Any frustrations aside, this is still a massively overlooked title. I only paid a tenner for it and i think its less than that now, well worth every penny.

I think im on the final boss now...