passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Turtles in Time

Bob

Who else has bought this then? I managed to get all the way to Shredder before I had to use a pesky continue and it's really good fun. It still has the problems that you would imagine this sort of game to have, sometimes the foot will slap you with their willies from all sides and there is very little you can do about it and I got caught in a few attack loop things while I was fighting bosses. It's still classic turtles though and they all handle really well, especially Michaelangelo who zooms about the screen like some sort of demented, mutated child.

Having only played the SNES version as a child it is a shame to see that the Technodrome, Rat King boss fight all the other cool stuff that was there hasn't been included for this version and as such it can feel a bit short if the SNES version was the one you spent hours and hours playing as a little 'un. Online co-op should extend the life of it a bit though and there is an achievement when you complete it with all four Turtles so obviously a few people will be forced to play through it four times.

So far I would say I am pretty pleased with it for 800 points. That could change if the online is broken of course. Should be trying that out tonight.

I dread to think what reaction this is going to get but... imo, this isnt very good. There's practically nothing to it, less than I remember even. What moves there are (beyond the normal and slash attacks) feel accidental when you pull them off. I'm happy not to have a wealth of moves, I think that can get in the way, but at least tighten things up so I can do them when I choose. The only other gameplay things that annoyed me is that it's hard to avoid stuff sometimes, partly because things can get hectic, but also because you seem to float slightly. Flying enemies are twats for similar reasons, it's 3D so you shouldn't have problems reading enemies positions but it's probably worse than the old version for it

The graphics arent too bad in-game, but the presentation outside that is very cheap. Not that I was expecting a new cartoon to accompany the game, but using the models and the voice actors wouldnt have been that hard surely?

All that being said I's still be up for a muilti crack at it, especially 4 player otherwise this is the worst 800 points I've ever spent. Oh and as an aside, I completed it without continuing, and am currently (or was currently) 83rd in the world :D

I agree actually, im a little dissapointed by the while thing. I put it on Normal and pissed through it, 3 deaths, no continues and i didnt even die fighting the final boss. I beat most of the bosses by just backing off, attacking and repeat in quick succession.

All said tho, i did enjoy it, just feels a little empty. Survival Mode could be a challenge but thats about it. Im not sure i can be arsed to go through it multiplayer, there doesnt seem any point.

I have a mint boxed SNES version (US no less, 60Hz full screen goodness) sitting in a drawer upstairs, but I went for the XBLA release anyway as I do love a bit o' Turtles.

It's not as good as the SNES version. The combat is a bit off, feeling sloppy at times, and there's not a lot of imagination put into the graphics or sound. The SNES version is infinitely better; stylised graphics with teh Mode7, brilliant sound, and more of a challenge, but I'm going to play this through to the end, as it's not a huge game by any stretch of the imagination.

Donatello FTW.

Again, in my opinion, Achievements to the rescue. Ive actually grown to like this game more fucking around with some of the challenges the achievements set. Getting through Level 3 without hitting a trap was a shit but the rest were easy enough. All thats left is finishing with all turtles which is no worries, my first game through was with Leo, the misses and i ponded it so i chose Raph. The last achievement is beating the game on Survival (basically not dying at all) on at least Normal, so i took Mike through a practice run this morning before work and only died 3 times and i felt they were all easily avoidable, so if i pull of a Survival win with Donatello i should get the last two achievements together.