passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Playstation Home

Hendo

Thought I'd give this a proper once over this morning, and so far I've watched a few updates take ages to download and install, then go through the character creation bit and now to go straight to the Red Bull race thing or the Home Square I have to wait while those places are downloaded.

There's some good ideas here, but this is shit. I just can't see people using this even remotely regularly.

Everything takes ages to download and load! I've played the helicopter game and that was poo, now I've gone into the bowling alley (which had to load, naturally) and I found an Echochrome arcade which is downloading so slowly I thought it had crashed.

So yeah, queuing up for games makes no sense.

i fired this up a few nights ago and couldn't even get myself past the character creation before quitting and playing something else.

It does have potential, but at the moment it is just a waste of HD space.

Same sort of thing as Jim. I started making a character, despised their waif eurotrashness, then turned it off and deleted it. It wasnt helped by the amount of failed attempts I had with it, as I tried it the day it came out.

I've toyed with loading it back up and having a look around, but really what's the point. If people are enjoying it then cool, and it's doing well apparently, I just dont like how utterly pointless it is

Everything takes ages to download and load! I've played the helicopter game and that was poo, now I've gone into the bowling alley (which had to load, naturally) and I found an Echochrome arcade which is downloading so slowly I thought it had crashed.

So yeah, queuing up for games makes no sense.

The arcade cabs should be instant. If they included the data in the arcade DL, it would be much better. When I got on it, everything was separate. Wanna game of pool? Download. Bowling? Download. Chess? Download. I think I spent more time downloading the fucking thing than actually playing it. However, I have met some nice people on there, even though I seem to be the only person who is from the UK, everyone else seems to be from every other part of the world but mind.

It's fun to run around and generally piss people off. I spent some time chasing a guy that was chasing a woman and saying I wanted to kick his back door in and have sexy time. He wasn't impressed at all, especially when I started calling him a rapist.

My experiance of it is that I made a guy that was meant to look like me but the options are so bad I couldn't then I ran around the - at the time - new Resi 5 area, got bored and did the samba with a guy dressed as Batman, then I saw a Watchman trailer on a wall.

To me it's like having a TV channel dedicated to adverts, it's bollocks and I don't even see any kind of potential that it is often said to have. As far as I'm concerned anyone that defends it as a worthwhile thing goes right in my blinkered fanboy book.

As I see it, the potential is that it would make a really good alternative to Live's way of doing community, but first of all the whole process of doing anything needs speeding the hell up. You should be able to zip around from place to place with barely any loading, you should have the option of only seeing people on your friends' list, by language, etc. Maybe it does that but I didn't look too deeply.

Queuing for the games is ridiculous, that needs changing. And where's the trophy room? That was talked about years ago!

As I see it, the potential is that it would make a really good alternative to Live's way of doing community, but first of all the whole process of doing anything needs speeding the hell up. You should be able to zip around from place to place with barely any loading, you should have the option of only seeing people on your friends' list, by language, etc. Maybe it does that but I didn't look too deeply.

Queuing for the games is ridiculous, that needs changing. And where's the trophy room? That was talked about years ago!

I've heard what Sony and Home's supporters have said it's meant to do for lets say finding someone to go through Resi 5 with. I can't think of avyone who would use Home for that, most will use a flesh friend, while some others would find a partner in a forum community like this one and if someone doesn't use either of these things then I reckon someone is more likely just to set up a lobby in-game to find a random rather than using Home.

Like I said it's sole perpose looks like its for advertising, like some adverts on the telly these games they have could be quite fun but I wouldn't go out of my way to play any of them, my opinion, natch.

After a little pondering I hope loads of people use it though, that way advertisers think that their stuff is getting recognition and use that as a way of peddling their shit and keeping it out of games, no obvious and lingering shots of Nathon Drake in a Jeep Cherokee, chatting on a Nokia, outside Ikea or something. S'pose Home may serve some purpose.