passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Rock Band 2

HandsomeDead

But which of the 40-odd guitar tracks to focus on for just one guitar part?

Fuck it, all of them. I have the skills. They managed to get some kind of note chart out of the Silversun Pickups songs so with a little stretch of the imagination the same could be done here.

I still have RB1 kicking around so depending on the time and the place for multi. I would recomend just getting RB2, it has a much more worthwhile multiplayer mode.

There's something for everyone in next week's additions to the Rock Band Music Store, with classics artists Journey, Pat Benatar, and...SpongeBob Squarepants taking center stage.

No, it isn't some quirky new band called SpongeBob Squarepants. It's three tracks from the animated sensation that's dumbed down a nation - "I Can't Keep My Eyes Off Of You", "Best Day Ever", and "Where's Gary?" Don't let the triple dose of kids music make you stop believing in Rock Band, however, because Journey says so. Their inspirational hit "Don't Stop Believing", announced at the Harmonix party at the Game Developers Conference this week, joins Pat Benatar's "Heartbreaker" in washing the taste of saltwater stupidity out of our mouths.

Also coming next week is Glasvegas' "Geraldine" and "C'Mon C'Mon" from the Von Bondies, the latter of which is one of my favorite songs, mainly due to its appearance in a Tribes 2 Video Mod from the short-lived MTV2 program. Ah, memories.

The new songs hit Xbox Live on March 31st and the PlayStation Network on April 2nd. Prices are $1.99 or 160 Microsoft points per song, with SpongeBob's tunes slightly lower at $.99 or 80 Microsoft points.

http://kotaku.com/5186933/next-week-in-roc...ith-pat-benatar

Is it wrong that I'm mildly excited by the Spongebob songs?

I still don't have it - If I did buy it it the songs would be transferred and it would be returned. Oh, BTW can someone actually tell me how much space the RB1 songs take up? I only have a 20Gb (Or 13, fucking Microsoft).

Exporting my RB disc now, takes up 1.71 GB!

Oh, good stuff before lads, shame I'm rusty as fuck and suck like a hoover. That Cool For Cats bassline is evil.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems Lego Rock Band may actually be real. It appears in a slide at Harmonix's GDC powerpoint.

http://cmpmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/vault/gdc0...tyDeedsDone.pdf

That version is apparently an early one, and the references to a game being announced at GDC were removed. I kinda hope it's not true, or at least a DS game or something, especially considering how they seem to be knocking Guitar Hero for milking.

The slide in question:

post-352-1239021740.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow! My worldwide drum ranking on Perfekte Welle isn't to shabby. There Goes My Gun is my most respectable guitar track and Beetlebum is my best song as a bassist.

Notice how these songs are all piss easy and anything that requires a little skill is a little more unimpressive in the list. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the Maiden pack yesterday, plus the Evanescence pack, Jonathon Coulton's "Skullcrusher Mountain", "Poison" by Alice Cooper, and a couple of others I can't remember. Altogether I've got about 190 songs!

Oh yeah, I made sure I got "Sprode" by Freezepop.

My foot pedal has a crack in it... :( I guess it was only a matter of time judging by everyone else's. It's not actually snapped yet, and I'm wondering about how to get a new one.

It talks about a 60 day warranty on that site. They have got to be fucking shitting me. If that's true I will be unimaginably pissed. It's not my fault! All I do is use the pedal normally!

i thought you had to fill in the info and they send you a new one, is that not right? i've not done it myself mind.

Yeah but it said that it had to be within 60 days, if I read it right. I'll have a proper look later.

• 2 weeks later...

AAAAND my pedal is now officially snapped.

Thinking of buying a Rock Band 2 one (Metal), which I assume would work with the RB1 drum kit? Anyone know where I can buy one? Amazon.com won't let me and there's none on amazon.co.uk.