MFGamers

Left 4 Dead

HandsomeDead

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys.

I actually ended up re-buying this game for the PC as i felt it was the type of game you need to play with a mouse and headphones.

Definitely adds something to the controls being able to whip around faster and also pinpoint those headshots faster.

Looking forward to the update....

Does this one include the dev kit too? One of the other reasons i got the PC version was because i got pretty bored of the maps quickly and for me half the fun of the game was NOT knowing where you are going.... part of it was being lost and hunted and just fucking scared the whole time.

With the dev kit release i am hoping that i will get to play loads of new maps.

• 10 months later...

Im really not enjoying this at all.

Its not really meant to be played single player i suppose, but your AI team mates are fucking idiots. Ive no hope whatsover of completing a campaign without startling a witch because my teammates go out of their way to startle the bitches. Ive played through the four campaigns and ive no real want to return to them, i just found the gameplay a little flat.

Tried online and its so un-n00b friendly, took me a few goes to learn how to be each infected but my biggest problem is that im constantly one of the survivors, if i wanted to be one of the survivors i'd play campaign. Is there no way to choose? If there is i cant find it. And when i am an infected im killed straight away, then it seems to take an eternity to re-spawn, only to have to wonder around untill im far enough away from the survivors to re-spawn, only to die again.

Boo.

Yeah, you really have to play with friends, or at least people who won't be cunts and run off on their own.

It's that reason that both this and the sequel are vastly under-played by me, playing on your own is boring.

Not that it helps you here, but they improved verses mode on the second by making a whole new mode called Scavenge, which is pretty much the same idea but rounds that only last about 2 minutes so you get a good chance of getting a quick go and testing out the different monsters.

You wanna play sometime? It's should never really be played alone. it's not that type of game. And Vs is shit on L4D1. As infected you are just slowing them down, whereas in L4D2 it's pretty muc a case of every single strike has the potential to end their game.