passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Shadow Of Memories

Dunkster

This was quite an early PS2 release by Konami and I have to say absolutley love it to bits - definitley worth picking up if you can find a copy - indeed some still do appear at Gamestation from time to time.

You play as time-traveller Eike Kush who extraordinarily finds himself timewarped to this European city to unravel the mysteries of his subsequent demises. [and without too many spoilers, etc] going forward into the future or back into the past to alternate dimensions in time to change circumstances to enable him to move into the future.

The city seems to have an unusual dead calm, although certain premises can be entered at certain times and talking up the locals gives you information and assists in prompting events in the story. Most of the time periods are incredibly atmospheric, not to mention an incredible air of mystery.

It might be a little long in the tooth, but theres nothing else like it out there. Interested in mystery, time travel, history & fate? - You'll love this, there really isn't many other games out like it, either.

Yeah. I've got this one. I've given it a few play throughs, and if I remember its got a lot of different endings (which is likly to happen when you mess with time).

It has a very bizarre pace to it, and comes across as a Japanese version of Germany or Bavaria, which also adds to the slight charm. Everything in it is slow and pondorous, with streets closed off for no reason, but all these quirks add to it.

Its like a U certificate of Silent Hill. But with kittens.

This is up there with one of my favourite gaming experiences on PS2. The wife and I played through it twice and enjoyed every second. It's really well thought out and as Yoshi says, there's nothing else quite like it. It's a really short game too, so encourages multiple playthroughs.

This is up there with one of my favourite gaming experiences on PS2. The wife and I played through it twice and enjoyed every second. It's really well thought out and as Yoshi says, there's nothing else quite like it. It's a really short game too, so encourages multiple playthroughs.

I bought this fairly recently and I'm looking forward to giving it a bash when I have a bit of time. SOS is in the same waiting pile.

I bought this fairly recently and I'm looking forward to giving it a bash when I have a bit of time.

I bought this a while ago but still ahvent got round to playing it. Maybe save it for the new year, after this glut of games has ended, could be the next Game Club game.

Yeah. I've got this one. I've given it a few play throughs, and if I remember its got a lot of different endings (which is likly to happen when you mess with time).

It has a very bizarre pace to it, and comes across as a Japanese version of Germany or Bavaria, which also adds to the slight charm. Everything in it is slow and pondorous, with streets closed off for no reason, but all these quirks add to it.

Its like a U certificate of Silent Hill. But with kittens.

I think Shadow Of Memories was at the time compared to Silent Hill 2 on the basis of the 'deserted town' with a 'dirty secret', but done here far more subtle. Both have something in common in the fact that both games circumstances involved dabbling in the unknown which is what led to making the towns into their distorted selves. Both lead to the same deranged, twisted logic, or in this games case, a constant game of 'whodunnit'.

I guess its the sheer mystery of these games that continues the intruige towards them and they continue to stand the test of time. And its got one of those epilogues that really made the hair stand up on the back of my neck! :D

Go on, you just know this thread has you itching to play it again! :lol:

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm playing this at the moment with (hopefully) a few guys on GTM joining in. Anyone here interested? It's held up very well, graphics are still nice if a bit basic and the acting isn't too bad once you get used to it, about what you would expect for when the game was made, it really shows how far we have come in terms of voice acting over the past however many years.

I'm playing this at the moment with (hopefully) a few guys on GTM joining in. Anyone here interested? It's held up very well, graphics are still nice if a bit basic and the acting isn't too bad once you get used to it, about what you would expect for when the game was made, it really shows how far we have come in terms of voice acting over the past however many years.

I still love this game Bob after all these years & still play it a bit from time to time, much like Silent Hill, or Heavy Rain, theres a few endings that give it replay value.