passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gears of War 2

illdog

Those were some good times. :)

Well, apart from all the losing and Party drop-outs.

Stoobie's very good at it, considering he only played it the other day for the first time! I will make you a t-shirt myself that says, "I am not as shit as Hendo".

Good games last night - altho Im not sure my mic was working half the time!

My save game wasn't broken either - I was just put back to slightly before the save point and then the next part I started had those fucking mounted rider things that had just spent an hour killing me on horde. :angry:

Yeah pretty much stopped playing this game now after experiencing all this online bullshit and actually being BANNED from the Epic forums TWICE

for asking how a game with ten players can have so much lag, while resistance 2 can support 60 players with no lag whatsoever.

Apparently they don't like that.

Frustrating as generally sequels in gaming are usually like the original game but with all the problems from the first one fixed.

Apparently for Epic a sequel means introducing even more glitches and then charging people for DLC and announcing that they are working on the THIRD one before they

even admit / patch the current one.

They have gone way down in my esitmation.

Following on from how much of a flop their main title... Unreal III was on ALL platforms... and how badly recieved Gears 2 has been, i would honestly be surprised if they make it through the

next couple of years with gaming companies closing doors left right and centre.

I am really enjoying GOW2. I am on chapter 5 and loving it. Although the flying squid things are a pain in the arse to control. I keep going on horde for a 'little go' and then end up playing till after midnight. It is stopping me from playing anything else as well!

I think it a brilliant game Stoobie, im glad your enjoying it. I went back and fucked around on casual the other night (it really is piss easy on Casual) just to play the first couple of levels again. Some people have their opinion of this game auto-set to HATE but i really enjoyed the first one and the sequel was better.

Its worth going back to the first Stoo.

I think it a brilliant game Stoobie, im glad your enjoying it. I went back and fucked around on casual the other night (it really is piss easy on Casual) just to play the first couple of levels again. Some people have their opinion of this game auto-set to HATE but i really enjoyed the first one and the sequel was better.

even i managed to complete it on casual so it must be easy :lol: :lol:

though i do fancy some hardcore co-op at some point, reckon that'd be fun times

I agree, there's alot of people with it auto set to *FWAP* too though, same as any big franchise. Although I'd wager Gears attracts alot of hate because of its graphical style

Whatever game comes out, you are bound to have FWAP and HATE when it comes down to it. You only have to look at the recent Sonic game, on some forums they are going on about it like it has revolutionised gaming. :lol:

Anyway, GoW2, it's pretty good, although glitchy as fuck.

Well I finished this last night on normal and I loved every minute of it. The final level and boss was a bit easy and overall I think it was a bit short, but other than that I though it was great.

I am going to have a break from it cos I have hundreds of other games to play but I will definatley go back to it on the harder levels. Loved it. :)

I held down the button and the final boss died!

Fixed.

That was a slight downer for me - "oh yeah this is gonna be a battle and a half....oh, it's over...." but the entire rest of the game made up for it.

That - plus the whole level riding on that thing (brumak?) made the whole level a walk over - nothing like some of the earler levels difficulty

To be honest, I loved the Brumak section as you felt like a god rampaging through the level. I just didn't expect the very end to be so easy.

I think that was a reaction to how hard the last boss on the first one was, especially on Insane mode.

Speaking of which, I do think this one pisses all over the first one. I mean, there is at least some kind of story going on, whereas in the first one I haven't a clue.

Yeah this one does own the first gears by a long shot... except for the final boss battle.

I too love the Burmack section but think they could have done a REALLY cool fight at the end... i want HARD boss battles like the first one... not some bullshit cutscene crap.... what a joke.

Been playing a fair bit of this online over christmas and have finally faced up to the fact that its seriously broken.... issues ranging from lag to host advantage make the gameplay random.

Its a shame... because it could be a really solid online experience.... but seeing as they said they had now fixed host advantage... and then looking at score boards after a game of annex... there is always one guy with 20+ kills and everyone else has around 7 max.... if that isn' host advantage i don't know what is.... its beautiful when you do have host though.... Shotgun works as you think it should... but every other time there are constant WTF moments.... :-(

I really gotta let it go but there is something that keeps me coming back..

I pack it away for a while and then i start thinking... maybe it will be better today lol....

So i load it up... have a few games.... and always end up turning it off cross.

I think Gears 2 was a huge improvement over the first, you always felt involved in a fight. My favourite moment was near the start though, making your way through the hospital, but then I love any moment in a hospital in games it seems, plus it was a shoot out and we all know shoot outs rule the hardest when they're in hospitals, just look at Hard Boiled!

Lol.

Yeah hospital shootouts are cool.

There are so many good bits in the campaign... just the final boss fight that lets it down really.

And guess what... i am BACK on the multiplayer again.

I read this guide that was talking about how to play the game and deal with the LAG.

It was basically saying stuff like avoid pop shotting with the shotgun (tapping LT to aim and then RT to fire)

This was what you were reccomended to do in Gears1 so i was constantly doing it.

Instead the guy suggested that you aim for at least 1 second before firing. This way if there is any lag, it will still register that you have aimed.

Otherwise as far as host is concerned you will be firing while raising your shotty.... and it will hit the floor.

Makes a REAL difference to my game. I can actually hold my own now in a shotgun duel.

The other trick is the twopiece.... with the shotgun you mele someone and they are stunned for a second or so. So you mele, then take careful aim and fire and then gib instantly. Its mainly useful for taking someone out from behind, but can be handy upfront too in a close duel.

I have also learned to ROLL THE FUCK AWAY from anyone charging at me incase they have the chainsaw out.

So you roll back... take careful aim and fire straight at their head... instant kill.

Yay.

Cliffy B is still a nob though.