passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dead Space

HandsomeDead

I had no problem at all using just one weapon, don't really remember a bit where I found the game too difficult. the only bit that got me was the meteor storm when you're in the big gun turrets, that took a few attempts to get by.

Got up to Chapter 8 now, saved and will play more later.

I spent a good while faffing round on the last mission where you have to cross an asteroid with the spinning metal gates that kill you in all manner of interesting ways. I know this, because it happened quite a lot.

Eventually I figured it all out and moved on.

I got the "store so many things" achievement so I sold all the ammo for the guns I don't use (that's all of them bar the cutter) and then spent it all on the other guns, getting the "buy all guns achievement" and "spend x amount of money in the store" achievement. It all happened so quickly. :blush:

I decided this was my next game to finish so had a go on it tonight. Finished chapter 1. No matter how many times one of the things jumped up when it looked dead I still shat myself. Every time. And every time I forgot that they would do it. Even when I knew there was going to be one round a corner (I like the way you see their heel as they run past an opening) I still shat myself. This does not look good for the rest of the game :unsure:

Still I am enjoying it more than Fable 2 which is a good thing :)

I decided this was my next game to finish so had a go on it tonight. Finished chapter 1. No matter how many times one of the things jumped up when it looked dead I still shat myself. Every time. And every time I forgot that they would do it. Even when I knew there was going to be one round a corner (I like the way you see their heel as they run past an opening) I still shat myself. This does not look good for the rest of the game :unsure:

Still I am enjoying it more than Fable 2 which is a good thing :)

LOL, thats the same as me, I shat myself LOADS, you wait til later!!! There were a few moments in this of geniune panic for me, got killed a bit around one section in particular (you'll know it when you get to it) just through stressing out and being scared and getting mullered. My wife watched me playing this too, plus had it through the amp+speakers so it was decently noisy and she literally jumped off the chair a couple of times, maybe we are just a nervy couple?!

Incidentally, I did that asteroid bit on attempt 2, I reckon thats pretty sweet!

I gotta go back for more now I've finished it though.

its definitely a scary game, i found the sound so intense and intimidating i was scared walking through areas id already cleared!

<edit>

Incidentally, I did that asteroid bit on attempt 2, I reckon thats pretty sweet!

yeah that is pretty good going if i remember rightly! getting the achievement for finishing that asteroid bit with more than 50 hull integrity proved suprisingly tough indeed for me. mustve took me 45 minutes and its only a short sequence

yeah that is pretty good going if i remember rightly! getting the achievement for finishing that asteroid bit with more than 50 hull integrity proved suprisingly tough indeed for me. mustve took me 45 minutes and its only a short sequence

Ah, well I never quite managed that... 10% maybe... I'll do it again!

I think I have fucked this up and need to start again - i am on chapter 5 but have no ammo left! I would be fine if I could get to a shop but to get to one I need to pass a load of them little things that pour out of a wall and climb all over you but cos I have hardly any ammo I can only kill a few before they swamp me.

I dont think i have the nerves left to play through it again.

The asteroid thing took me about 6 or 7 times I think. :(

I think I have fucked this up and need to start again - i am on chapter 5 but have no ammo left! I would be fine if I could get to a shop but to get to one I need to pass a load of them little things that pour out of a wall and climb all over you but cos I have hardly any ammo I can only kill a few before they swamp me.

I dont think i have the nerves left to play through it again.

The asteroid thing took me about 6 or 7 times I think. :(

I'm pretty sure I was in exactly the same place when that happened to me! Are you in a pretty big room with a bench in it?

I managed to get through it using the other gun I had (which was pretty much out of ammo too) and stomping on them..... I think I might have also gone back a save and just been super conservative with ammo... You can run past those things, I found they dont go from one room to another, which is glitchy but useful!

Its the room where you first meet one of the wall octupus things that spit out the other things. I got past him by flinging a gas tube at him. Then you loop round and come back into the room via a different door. I think it might have a bench in it. I will try running past them tonight - I never thought of doing that :blush: Thanks :rolleyes:

Its the room where you first meet one of the wall octupus things that spit out the other things. I got past him by flinging a gas tube at him. Then you loop round and come back into the room via a different door. I think it might have a bench in it. I will try running past them tonight - I never thought of doing that :blush: Thanks :rolleyes:

Yup, exact same place to me mate, I was really pissed about it at that point. Totally worth sticking with it though :)

I think I was in that position at that point, just remember to use stasis, mellee attacks, or just plan out your route and leg it.

Finished this on the weekend, on Medium using just the one gun. Amazing stuff. :D

Loved every minute of it and can see myself going back through at some point. I didn't really find it hard to play through just using the first gun as I concentrated on upgrading it rather than the suit, until it was all fully maxed. It was also a good idea going for that achievement as it meant that once the "store 25 items" one had popped up I could just sell any alternative ammo that I found so I was always flush enough to buy nodes, ammo and health.

I would say though the same thing I said to Ben the other day - if you don't like being pushed in a linear path and having "monster closets" like Doom 3 or Bioshock, then you may not enjoy it, but if you can put yourself in the "just entertain me" headspace without looking for anything else then you will love it.

those octopus fellas, stasis its ass and cut its tentacles off before it shits any babies out. octopus - done!

nah - fling a gas tube at it and it kills it before it gets a chance to shit babies - saves on ammo!

I got past that bit by running but then that monster that wont die followed me into another room and i couldnt handle it AND all the other things after me. I lost my head - literally.

I'm charging through my second run, have upgraded most of the weapons now, only 2 to go.

So far I'm impressed with the Line Gun but not so with the Pulse Rifle - that's nearly fully upgraded and I still don't feel it's a decent weapon. As TGK said earlier, the original weapon is the best, my weapon of choice. :)

I got past the bit I was stuck at - and finished the level. I spent ages slowing the end of level regenerating guy down and beating him with my gun and stomping on him until I realised I could

trap him in the big obvious trap machine in the center of the room

It was also during this fight I realised you could

stomp on the green light boxes

and find items. I have probably missed hundreds of them! Still at least I have ammo now! I am determined to get to the end of this game :)

I got past the bit I was stuck at - and finished the level. I spent ages slowing the end of level regenerating guy down and beating him with my gun and stomping on him until I realised I could

trap him in the big obvious trap machine in the center of the room

It was also during this fight I realised you could

stomp on the green light boxes

and find items. I have probably missed hundreds of them! Still at least I have ammo now! I am determined to get to the end of this game :)

LOL, your second comment was the same as me, in the end my wife was like 'why do you keep ignoring those really obvious things?!'.... oh well. It got loads easier then!

There's at least one more of those

trap

sections, Stoobie.

Same concept, opposite temperature.

:)

I think the first thing I did in the game was stomp on the old xbox 359's as soon as I was allowed to stomp!

Because I planned out my tactic for the game (first time through go for the one gun achievement, second time go for the upgrade everything one) I was able to sell any ammo that wasn't for the Cutter and always have plenty for health and ammo.

If you aren't bothered about the achievements, don't bother using the flamethrower or the pulse rifle as they're both rubbish, even when fully upgraded.

If you are going for some of the achievements, if you load up your last save when you finish, you'll start a new game with everything carried over from the last one (guns, ammo, suit, etc). And they throw you 10 extra nodes when you start too, which is always nice. :)

There's at least one more of those

trap

sections, Stoobie.

Same concept, opposite temperature.

:)

I think the first thing I did in the game was stomp on the old xbox 359's as soon as I was allowed to stomp!

Because I planned out my tactic for the game (first time through go for the one gun achievement, second time go for the upgrade everything one) I was able to sell any ammo that wasn't for the Cutter and always have plenty for health and ammo.

If you aren't bothered about the achievements, don't bother using the flamethrower or the pulse rifle as they're both rubbish, even when fully upgraded.

If you are going for some of the achievements, if you load up your last save when you finish, you'll start a new game with everything carried over from the last one (guns, ammo, suit, etc). And they throw you 10 extra nodes when you start too, which is always nice. :)

lol, so I'm not the only one who thought that then :lol: