passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fifa 09

DANGERMAN

EA today announced that beginning March 19th, FIFA 09 fans can get their hands on a brand new strategic game mode for their FIFA 09 title. The FIFA 09 Ultimate Team mode "challenges gamers to collect or create the most talented football players in the world, develop them into a dream team and then compete online against a legion of challengers to be crowned the ultimate team."

"FIFA 09 Ultimate Team challenges gamers to collect 30 different types of bronze, silver and gold virtual cards, including Player, Staff, Contract, Formations, and Tactics, to create their fantasy team. Strategically collect and manage players and different types of cards, and then set the match strategy to win. Carefully select or trade for the right Manager, then choose the best Tactics and Formations that forge the team chemistry necessary to take your club to the top. Plus, deal Gameplay cards on your opponent at key moments of any match for a tactical advantage.

Live the ultimate dream in FIFA 09 Ultimate Team. Create yourself in game, line up alongside your heroes and captain your squad to glory. Customize everything from players and stadiums to the kits and badges, creating the world’s next great football club. Compete offline and online to earn more valuable cards or trawl the market for the ones needed to complete a winning team. Climb the league table or compete in knockout tournaments for the most coveted trophies, where the opposition becomes more difficult after each victory.

Feel the exhilaration as you take your carefully assembled squad into matches and tournaments online against the most formidably talented teams ever assembled—and out play them. Here is the ultimate test of your skills as a player and manger. Write your own legend with FIFA 09 Ultimate Team.

FIFA 09 Ultimate Team will be available as a download to FIFA 09 beginning March 19, 2009. Fans will be able to experience the new game mode by creating a team with a starter package of players and virtual cards and play a five game trial before deciding to purchase the FIFA 09 Ultimate Team mode. FIFA 09 is required."

med_fifaut_016.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Make it so when a player gets injured in Pro mode they dont miss the rest of the season?

Cannot believe they havent patched that yet. I ended the season with Neville, Ferdinand, Nani, Rooney, Berbatov and Carrick all missing. I also finished the season with 108 league goals, including 9 against City in the final game of the season (i was upfront because of injuries)

I took a picture of the end of season newspaper too :blush:

post-73-1234287090.jpg

I moved myself infield, then when one of the forwards get the ball I run pasrt them from midfield. It works for United because im essentially playing Scholes' position, but for england Gerrard does that so i have to sit back more and dont get as much space. Make sure you let go of sprint a step before you shoot (and holding left trigger helps control the shot).

I'm all maxed out, just need to win the world cup for with England and it's done

Im only 15 games into my first Be a Pro season, obviously with Villa. Im seem to be setting up more than im scoring, but im averaging at least a goal a game, just need more practice. Im a first team regular now so i must be doing something right.

I played this online yesterday for ages and won about 2 games in the 11 or so I played, it was so stupidly frustrating. Every Man Utd player seemed to run slower than any opposing team player and was unable to pass it. It really pisses me off when you arent able to keep the ball for more than 3 seconds....And it pisses me off when people always choose Barcelona.

I did manage to beat some Rangers fan 8-0, I should probably have called it a day after that.

• 1 month later...
The recent "Ultimate Team" DLC for Fifa 09 has added 10 new achievements for an additional 250 gamerscore. The Ultimate Team add-on costs 800 MSP.

Club Tournament Mastery 50

Ultimate Team:Win all gold Club Tournaments

World Champion 15

Ultimate Team:Win the Gold World Trophy

Online Tournament Mastery 50

Ultimate Team:Win All gold Online Tournaments

Online Champion 15

Ultimate Team:Win Gold Ultimate Team Trophy

Silver Packs 5

Ultimate Team:Open first Silver Pack

Gold Packs 15

Ultimate Team:Open First Gold Pack

Bigger Venue 10

Ultimate Team:Upgrade to a Silver Rated Stadium

The Collector 15

Ultimate Team:Complete an 11 player team page in the collection

Solid Gold 70

Ultimate Team:Obtain 11 gold players

Best of the Best 5

Ultimate Team:Obtain your first Gold Rated Manager

No one buy Ultimate Team mode, its a buggy, slow, glitchy shitty peice of wank. Shame on EA, its a good idea in principal but badly executed.

Bugs aside when you finally earn enough points to buy a pack of cards (bronze are 500 points, silver 2500 and gold 5000) and you get one good player, maybe two, they only play for you for about 8 games, at which point you need to use a contract card to keep them longer, which you get from packs of cards...sometimes. The problem is that youve also got to use contract cards on lesser team players, and you only get one or two contract cards per pack....On average you earn about 400 points per game, regardless of losing 1-0 or winning 11-0, which is stupid. so to get a silver pack of cards which has one good player and 3 shit ones you need to play...OH eight games, by which point your good players will have left.

Add into this mess the fact that to merely switch between two players stats takes about 10 seconds and often tournaments will bug and freeze up, so that you receive no points, but your players contracts go down each time and all this equals a giant pile of wank.

Fucking EA, fucking shit, next year is a Pro Evo year just because of this.

Its a great idea, and encourages play rather than choosing barcelona and just muscling passed everyone and scoring from half way, but it needs a tweak, and after about 20 games and all thats happened is that youve shuffled through a squad of shit players you get fed up. I had two gold packs so some good strikers but I just never got a goalkeeper, so had a left winger in goal....thats not a good game.