passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Hendo

Well i am actually replaying this now on a harder setting.... FOR FUN!!

No achievements in site...

I am enjoying it MUCH more now i know where i am going and what to do.

Worth taking another look at if you have got bored of it

Found a handy youtube page with some guides on how to get the achievements:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

Ok so technically its cheating a bit, but this game is VERY frustrating if you don't know what you are doing, and even with these guides its still a challenge (for me)

Hopefully they will contain some inspiration to help you return to this game and get your moneys worth out of it.

• 11 months later...

There's a patch out for this now, making it a bit easier and more forgiving. To quote lewismistreated on RLLMUK:

But it's such a welcome patch. I was never, ever going to be able to finish the game as it stood - the new patch offers infinite lives (means you don't have to go 'farming' those stupid top-down levels for 1-Ups), respawns on the last solid ground you stood on (for swings/insta-deaths - enemy deaths will still send you back to the nearest door you entered through) and... oh God, this one is so, so welcome... The flippy-platform section on the last level, the Albatross, has been COMPLETELY REMOVED FROM THE GAME. Again, this is just on normal/easy mode, but God damn if that wasn't the single most infuriating screen I've faced in the longest while. I know it was always billed as an old-school revamp, but these changes really have breathed new life into the game for me. More fun, less screaming.

I may have to start playing it again.

How long did it take you roughly Hendo, out of interest? I'll probably start it again soon (on Easy) now the patch is out, just not sure how long a game it is as I never played it back in the day either.

I reckon if you want to whizz through it, grab yourself a guide and it won't take long. Part of the difficulty is that it's trial and error, knowing where you're meant to be, what you're meant to do, how to take down the bosses, etc. If you use a guide you can eliminate a lot of that.

What you can't get rid of is how shoddy the d-pad is for this game. Normally I'll use the stick instead but I didn't enjoy using that either so I stuck with the d-pad and about 50% of my fuck ups were caused by the bionic arm going the wrong way when i was trying to swing around.

It's a good job they patched it because on Easy it's still pretty tough, I would never have done it were it not for the infinite lives patch. I might do it on Medium, but I won't notch it any higher than that.

What you can't get rid of is how shoddy the d-pad is for this game. Normally I'll use the stick instead but I didn't enjoy using that either so I stuck with the d-pad and about 50% of my fuck ups were caused by the bionic arm going the wrong way when i was trying to swing around.

I'm going to play it with my HORI stick I reckon, at least that has decent diagonals. :)

EDIT: It controls amazingly with the stick!

:)

Nice one, I reckon I'll get back to it one day soon then.