passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Phone Games & Apps

Hendo

I just didnt get on with tap revenge... despite the fact its free it just doesn't come close to guitar rock tour... it doesn't react if you miss notes.... where as guitar rocktour.... the song will stop playing and dud notes will play... gahhhh maybe ill give it another go as downloading tracks sounds cool.

In all honesty, I'm the same - you really miss some kind of audio clue as to whether you're doing it right or wrong. I didn't play the first one much but the same for this, it's free so worth a punt. The online play and downloading tracks for free is very cool though.

Im going to give drop7 a little go I think, been wanting some great games on this after playing fieldrunners for ages.

EDIT: Ive forgotten to change my card details on iTunes, my old one expired, and so there will be no apps for me.

Edit2: And now its working again and I have drop7. I win against technology.

Hendo.. you're a biatch!!!

What have you done!! I downloaded drop 7 and now my girlfriend is addicted lol.

It took me a while to warm to it, but now i (she) figured out how to play i am really enjoying it. Brilliant game.

Anybody got the Metal Gear game yet, the graphics on it look pretty fantasticalistic I think im going to give it a whirl later on....stupid money

EDIT: apparently its rubbish, im not going to bother with it.

Yep me the appwhore got mgstouch as soon as it came out.

Sadly enough i kept refreshing my search for it cos it was announced in us store first.

So... its basically a point and shoot game... but a VERY nicely executed one. You slide your finger to move your cross hair and then pinch out to use the scope. Search for some gameplay vids.

Its very polished and has all the MGS sounds and characters including a synopsis of the MGS story. I like it... i mean... it IS essentially just a tap and shoot game... but with a bit more to it. My only complaint is its price.

Should be more like 1.99 because it's a little short compared to other similarly priced stuff out there.

I would also like to reccomend that you all go and buy a game called flight control by firemint (who are shaping up to be a dev to watch)

Its a VERY simple little game but very nicely presented and incredibly addictive. I think it has become one of my favourite games in a very short space of time.

Basic idea is you have three landing strips... red yellow and blue. Multiple planes will enter the airspace and you draw their landing path with your finger... including having them circle to avoid one another. Simple...

But it gets hectic.

Gameplay is till a plane crashes into another then you get your stats.... and play again to beat the high score.

Like i said VERY simple but the presentation is fantastic... i highly recomend it.

Get it while the price is still low.

WOLFENSTEIN 3D is now out on the appstore!!!

It's 2.99 and usually i would think this was a bit much for a game so dated.... BUT its the official version re-coded for the iphone by Jon Carmack and it's bloomin lovely :-)

It runs much smoother than you will remember it and the sprites (cos thats what they were back then) have been scrubbed up a bit. It still has a nice retro feel and looks like you remember it, but with a bit of polish.

I initially purchased it just to pay homage to THE game that invented the FPS genre (am i right?)

I remember playing the demo for this game over and over and over on my dad's mac when i got a copy with a magazine.

After playing the iphone version i am shocked at how fun this title still is... and it's actually the first time i will ever play the FULL game lol.

Worth a purchase i would say since it's so well put together and runs great on the phone... and if it does well it will definitely encourage ID to port some more titles / create something fresh.

Achtung!

• 2 weeks later...
Not gonna bother with Wolfenstein, Oli, but I did buy Flight Control and it's pretty good, but it is very simple innit?

I only had a few goes on it and got to about 22 I think, it gets fucking crazy!

My high score is 62

Someone else at work just got 101 :-(

Ok... newsflash

Everyone with an idevice:

Download a game called Mafia Wars by Zynga.. its FREE and pretty cool

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://itunes....904856&mt=8

Its a stat based MMO sort of game.

We can all share friend codes too and join up in a big MFgamers Mob.

my code is:

7303 1512 44

Looks like what Mafia Live should've been, and I paid for that. :(

Downloading and installing now, will find a friend code for it later.

After listening to one of Iain Lee's podcasts that I found via a mention on Joypod, I got a hankering for old text adventures, so I downloaded Frotz for free which is like Stanza but for text adventures where you can download text adventures for free within it. Haven't tried any out yet but thought it was worth a mention.

While searching for that I stumbled across Alternate Endings which is a modern take on, basically like a higher quality version of Night Trap, where you watch a video and then get a choice of what to do. Seems very laughable and B-Movie so far but then for £1.19 I'm not expecting much else. At 434 MB, it's by far the biggest game I've downloaded so far.

Well me and Oli are even now - I got him (or his missus at least) addicted to Drop7 and now he's got me addicted to Mafia Wars. In a simple form, it's pretty much a case of "do you want to make as much money as possible, though leave yourself open to attack?" or "do you want to be super powerful, but have to spend money constantly on the upkeep of your weapons?".

I'm more towards the former, but the more property I own will dish out more money every hour until eventually I should be able to afford to ramp my stats up like crazy. You can get attacked when you're not logged in though, so I boot it up and found that some twat has done me over for 5 grand. :(

It is exactly the same idea as the mafia MMO that I spent money on, but so much more polished and well thought out, and for free which is nuts.

Found via Eurogamer, is Lemonade Tycoon from EA which is free due to "tastefully integrated sponsor messages" and it's like the same idea as Theme Park, but with lemonade. You go out and sell your lemonade on the street and then before you go out again, you adjust your recipe, buy whatever stock you think you need, upgrade your stall to make it more appealing, upgrade your staff, maybe buy a clown to dispense the lemonade. It's pretty weird and I didn't seem to do very well at it, but it's free so who cares.

A game I've been waiting for since the developer started following me on Twitter ( :unsure: ) is Hysteria Project and at £1.19 it's at the right price because any more and it would feel like a rip off. It's a very good, creepy choose your own adventure game, except that you don't so much choose your own way, as pick the right choice or die. With an axe through the head.

It's very short which is the only real problem with it but it's cheap enough that it doesn't really matter.

Another app I've been waiting for is the official Nine Inch Nails app which is free and brilliant.

You can view and save various wallpapers, listen to music being streamed from NIN.com and watch videos.

You can also connect with NIN fans around the world and leave messages with people however close to you as you want.

To see people using the app with Google Earth (on a normal browser) click here.

Wow that is cool.

Am loving the versatility and scope of all these apps.

I grabbed the lemonade tycoon one too. Not had a chance to play it yet but if its free can't complain.

Ahhhh. In Mafia Wars i just realised that my hourly income was infact -$9000... i wondered why it wasn't addding up lol.

I didn't realise that some weapons and cars have an upkeep cost.

Well i have ditched all them... so now i am getting 23000 per hour... much better.

I had previously been trying to max my energy so i could do more jobs but i rekon i might be better off investing it in property.

I am playing another similar game to this (also free) called iMafia.... not as polished though... but in iMafia you can put your money in a bank (for a fee) which seems a better

way to save up.

I dont quite see how i can get my savings up enough to buy some bigger properties cos i keep getting it stolen... grrrr

Whats the deal with entering your login details though?

Do they request your password too?

This sort of stuff makes me a bit nervous as couldn't they use it to hijack your account?

I am sure microsoft had a policy on this and also a policy on people making proffit from anything relating to their service.

The previous friends lists ones initially charged and then had to go free becasue of this reason.

Sounds good though... its a useful tool to have espcially if it works and is pretty much automated and will be badass with the 3.0 push notifications enabled...

I'm the same as Oli, bit iffy about using your account details to log in on a non-Microsoft app.

Been hammering Mafia Wars so much that I've overtaken Oli, currently level 35 and am on my way to buying a 5 million dollar property which will help me to progress even further and eventually earn a few hundred thousand dollars an hour. Currently I'm earning 22,000 an hour.

Flight Control is also being played all the time and now my highscore is 155.

WHAT THE FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKk

You have trashed me on both games Hendo lol.

Shame there isn't a leader board for flight control. My current high score is 82. What is your average?

Yeah trying to catch up with you on Mafia Wars too... i just saw you tear ahead over the weekend lol.... was like... haxor....ha ha.

Dammit man... how do you save so much for the big properties.

I keep getting jumped by punks and having horrendous amounts of cash stolen. Maybe i need to level up my defence??

I'm going to log in RIGHT now and punch you and steal your money.

Well that proves what I suspected, that the news feature is broken as according to that no-one has attacked me in over a week.

I see your money has shot right up. :)

So far my tactic has been to get my stats up to a reasonable level but not buy too many guns because I'd rather keep the money I'm making every hour, rather than lose a load on upkeep for the weapons and cars.

As soon as I hit 5 million (on about 4 right now) then I can buy the Marina Tourist Shops which will make my hourly cash go to 67,000 an hour. Then I'll be working on getting the Prime Downtown Lot and so on until I'll be making about a million an hour and then I'll just sink most of it into guns and cars.

I only fight someone if their stats seem lower than mine (everyone has secret skills which are hidden from view, so they could be false stats you're looking at), if they have a lot of money (to make it worthwhile) and if they have less of a family than me. Only pay the doctor to fix you up if you've got a very small amount of cash as he takes a certain percentage and when you're in the millions that means a hundred thousand or so will go, whereas you can wait until you've spent up and then pay him. It's pretty much a waste of money though, unless you're desperate to level up.

Best advice is to do the high end jobs, especially the Museum Break-In or Federal Reserve ones, but the latter requires 10 Ak-47's and they're super expensive and cost a lot every hour to upkeep too.

I'm pretty much levelling up twice daily now. :)