passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Phone Games & Apps

Hendo

Oh, supposedly great RPG Undercroft is now free. Just downloaded it.

Diner Dash got updated the other night for Game Center - no achievements though, just a leaderboard which is a little disappointing but good in a way as it means devs aren't tied to having both a leaderboard and cheevs like Live is, some games it doesn't make sense to have one or the other.

Oh, supposedly great RPG Undercroft is now free. Just downloaded it.

Diner Dash got updated the other night for Game Center - no achievements though, just a leaderboard which is a little disappointing but good in a way as it means devs aren't tied to having both a leaderboard and cheevs like Live is, some games it doesn't make sense to have one or the other.

I'm confused about it, does it mean Openfeint is now defunct?

Not yet, but it's hard to imagine why anyone would make their game for any other service than Game Center, unless Apple are charging for it.

Fieldrunners is using both OpenFeint and GameCenter - you switch between them on the Social menu item. I'm sticking with Game Center for it. It needs some work but the leaderboards are much better.

Another free one to try - Aftermath.

It's very Left 4 Dead with the art style. It's kinda like a twin stick shooter but instead of a right stick you press left or right to move the camera and there's a sprint button. You shoot automatically when enemies are around. Seems pretty good so far. :)

Resident Evil 4 is currently 59p. I'm happy to give it a punt for that, not overly convinced by touch controls for these types of games but it's cheap.

Bought. :) EDIT: Just seen the MFGamers tweet. :(

Dark Void Zero is 59p too, and six other Capcom titles.

I've been playing The Oregon Trail (currently 59p) today, and enjoying it a lot. Simple stuff, but it looks great and is humorous. Definitely worth 59p.

Resi 4 is rubbish because it just feels awkward and sluggish. Luckily, they've stripped the enemies down and it's an interesting take on the proper game but it's not great. Glad I only paid 59p for it though.

Enjoying Aftermath a lot but it's getting quite tricky.

I don't know if anyone else downloaded it when it was free, but Solomon's Boneyard is 59p and it's a great little dual stick shooter. It's a score attack game like iDracula and MiniGore but you level up and choose new abilities and skills. It isn't persistant so when you die that's it, back to level 1, but it's more enjoyable having choice of how to change your character each time.

Also, Galaxy On Fire is free today only.

And Awesome Solitaire which claims to be the best version of Solitaire on the App Store, free this weekend only.

I've moved up to number 3 out of 23 on my friends leaderboard for Star Dunk, got 90,000 so far. Really enjoying it but it's crashed a few times, especially when in an online match. I like the fact that being online isn't a big deal, it's not like you've got people taunting you or sending messages, it's just an active leaderboard really.

I've found my ideal ball - the infinite jumps one. Make a mistake and you can usually correct it and put the ball in the basket.

For £1.19 you can get Texting of the Bread :D

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>