passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Soul Calibur IV

hinn888

I have never seen a critical finish. If I notice an opponent is blocking all the time I tend to start using throws alot and I haven't had one used on me because I'm a clever dick that mostly parries rather than blocking. I might change that just to see what the criticals look like.

I'm really not in to the Vader vs Yoda thing because if I had my way neither would of been in, the bonus characters in SCII were pushing it but the Star Wars lot just don't fit, no matter how hard I try to accept them.

I also take back comments I've made about the apprentice being cheap, he's only good in the right hands (like any character I suppose). I had a game online who kept picking him and me and another guy in the lobby repeatedly kicked his arse using regular characters, I even beat him using someone I had yet to try out - xaingshua or whatever her name is - mostly by using moves I remember from SCII. Cheapness still comes from Maxi in my oppinion.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xianghua lol

I agree with you, i prefer if neither were in but theyre an added bonus. So theyre there for fun i say.

Im finding it hard to parry really, i go for all out brute force, which doesnt work rly as u can see my ranked stats are major poor <_<

Not keen on playing online with the PS3 version - there is quite a noticable delay between pressing a button and the move being carried out.

Not yet managed to beat the apprentice yet - he is just too fast for me. Or I am crap - whatever

Oh - and my ltd edition box turned up - it is quite nifty little box as well.

Not keen on playing online with the PS3 version - there is quite a noticable delay between pressing a button and the move being carried out.

Not yet managed to beat the apprentice yet - he is just too fast for me. Or I am crap - whatever

Ahhhhh nuts

After saying i wouldn't get this as i don't actually even light fighters someone at work was selling it for £25.... hard to say no to that.

I hope its good

Ahhhhh nuts

After saying i wouldn't get this as i don't actually even light fighters someone at work was selling it for £25.... hard to say no to that.

I hope its good

I have a ten pound note thats yours for £25?

Ahhhhh nuts

I hope its good

I have a ten pound note thats yours for £25?

http://www.artofthestate.co.uk/banksy/Banksy_diana_notes.htm

If it's one of these then ill take it.

So with the custom character screen..... can you add and modify boobies to characters?

And can you put boobs on Yoda?

Thing about the jedi characters, You cant make ur own Jedis and u can customise the jedis already there, making it quite annoying.

All you can do is buy different weapons for them, all look the same as well just different stats.

OKKKKKKK

Got this now.. ... took it for a spin last night.

I'm actually enjoying it and its nice and slick

Seems like there is SO much to learn though (which is good long term)

Can any veterans to Soul Calibur and infact any fighting games give a total fighting game noob like me some advice...... seriously... the last fighting game i actually played was street fighter on the SNES and even then i just button bashed.

I get the feeling from this game that it can actually become hugely rewarding if you learn a characters moves and can actually choose what move you are pulling off and when to do it.... i guess its all about knowing your enemy too and what moves they are about to use on you?

I also find the manual instructions and onscreen instructions a bit confusing...... it lists stuff like G, G K etc...... eh???

I love the character creation tool. I spent about an hour this morning just making up some really slutty looking chicks.... i have absolutely NO idea if they are good fighting characters or not as i was putting saucy clothing over stats.

Er...

G - Guard - Button A

K - Kick - Button B

A - Horizontal Attack - Button X

Y - Vertical Attack - Button Y

Switch - RB

Taunt - RT

Throw - LT

Um most people have trouble critical finishers so heres some tips

When their soul gauge in the top right is red and the whole bar is flashing, You have a chance to soul crush them. Soul crush is when one of ur moves break through and theyre left open for about half a second. And they flash red extremely quickly, whack LB as fast as possibe and u got a critical finisher. Ive only managed this 3 times in proper matches.

Also gaurd impact is when u press the direction of the attack and A to guard it, with the right timing u leave them open for u to attack. Doin it at the very last milisecond will give u a just impact, leaving them open longer.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks hinn. This does help!!

Looking forward to having a bash on it tonight.

Why do they use random letters for the buttons? Its a bit confusing.

Also... REALLY sorry for the noobish questions... and i know i can read the manual (but its at home and im at work)

But is switch just switching to another stance?

Switch is not in arcade or online play.

Switch is when u have at least 2 characters and just switch over basically, using it at right times, u can go major combos and also the one which was switched out slowly regenerates hp

Also another thing, CAS myabe fun for making slutty woman, but u really need to make really good ones for the TOLS coz its major hard towards the end.

You can make them up to 200% HP, Attack or defense. or 2 of em, i think u can get all 3 200.

If you need a decent forumla, just ask :)

Thanks hinn. This does help!!

Looking forward to having a bash on it tonight.

Why do they use random letters for the buttons? Its a bit confusing.

Also... REALLY sorry for the noobish questions... and i know i can read the manual (but its at home and im at work)

But is switch just switching to another stance?

That is majorly annoying, but I think it's got to do with multiplatform development.

I wouldn't like to have to program the combos in the 360 one to have 360 buttons on and the PS3 one to have PS3 buttons in.

Unless it isn't to so with that at all, but it's the only thing I can think of.

I think the those letters apply to the arcade version.

I'm sick of the sucky controls and you can't customize them yourself, you only have three set combinations. With my fondness toward XBLA and SFIV and HD on the horizon I'm thinking of getting a Hori Stick.

You can customise them, i changed my Switch to A + K (which is X + B btw) but then i didnt have a button for switch which was quite annoyin.

and i think PTG is right that its the arcade way.

Ahhh i am loving this game now... never though i would get so into a fighting game.

I think when i first played them i was too young to appreciate the depth and have the patience to want to learn all the moves.

I do still find it MIGHTY hard to remember all the combos though... is that just me?

I have found a couple of characters i am fond of though and plan to stick with them.

At first i was just using the basic attack, block, grab buttons but am slowly adding in more moves and stuff.

I also love how each character you fight against has different advantages / disadvantages so its really important to get faimilar with each of their styles.

I only wish there was a PSP version so i could practice on the bus.

Oh yeah... and i played against my girlfriend and she kept beating me :weep: