passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Get TV on a Moniter?

DANGERMAN

or is that monitor?

Anyway, this is partly just an excuse to beam about the new pc thats winging its way to me, no doubt when im not in so i have to pick the bastard up myself.

Included in the package is a monitor that I don't really need (22" flat widescreen) as I've already got one. But this new one has a DVI-D port aswell as a vga. Basically I can run my ps3 (DVI) and 360 (VGA) through it, rather than just the 360. But as there's only 1 vga port i'd have to get some sort of adapter or just keep swapping out.

What I was thinking was, if i have to buy an adapter anyway, is there one so that I can put my TV through it? If it's not doable then i might just have to sell my current monitor and buy a multi-vga thing, but if it is then I'll worry about the logistics of speakers etc later on

does it support hdcp? if not i don't think the ps3 will work :unsure: got a link to the monitor?

there's loads of different things you can do to get tv on a monitor, tv card in the pc might be the easiest? unclear how it would cope with the signal though.

Just checked and it has got HDCP, so I think I will keep this one regardless. I don't really want to have to have my pc on to watch tv, also unless it comes as standard I didnt see a tv card listed in the specs for the computer (although i think they're only about £20)

Might be better if I sell this currant one. Anyone want a 22" Widescreen monitor, only 4 months old?

Just checked and it has got HDCP, so I think I will keep this one regardless. I don't really want to have to have my pc on to watch tv, also unless it comes as standard I didnt see a tv card listed in the specs for the computer (although i think they're only about £20)

Might be better if I sell this currant one. Anyone want a 22" Widescreen monitor, only 4 months old?

how much do you want for it? and how much will it be to post it?

I've been using this one for my 360 so it should do the job fine. I'll have to check the postage rate to see if I can do it for £85, which means taking it into work as our scales are bust. But because we've got an account with royal mail I think I can get it cheaper through work.

Leave it with me as I have to wait for my new one to turn up first, which looks like it wont be till next week :(