Mario Kart Wii

Jimboxy

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And when i woke up this morning and turned the Wii on i was greeted by Hendo's time trials on the MKW chanell which i shall destroy.

See, normally I don't give a shit about time trials. There's nothing more dull than racing on your own just to edge off a millisecond off your time.

But I found the option where you download people's ghosts (from around the world) and race them as if they were there, and it gives you a running score. In the end I'd played 12 time trials and I'd won 10 and lost 2.

Anyone got a favoured kart/character combo yet? I've never enjoyed the big heavy characters, and the little ones are too wheezy so I always plum for the middle, normally Yoshi. This time, though, I seem to be sticking with my Mii character and one of the motorbikes (4th one I think).

Isnt the Mii character a heavy one?

I havnt got an exact combo yet, but i prefer the heavy characters i hate bein bashed around coz someone drives into me,

and i use the standard bike atm coz i yet to unlock anymore

Just read this in the rllmuk MK Wii thread.
According to some of the Wii modding forums, a hacked save file with everything unlocked and some dodgy time trials is doing the rounds, so the ghost data is being uploaded from all the people who use this save file. :/ Hopefully that's easy for Nintendo to block.

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00059fi7.jpg

http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00058bo9.jpg

:angry:

Looks like Nintendo have sorted it.

Before:

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00059fi7.jpg

After:

post-62-1208095528_thumb.jpg

Before:

http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00058bo9.jpg

After:

post-62-1208095540_thumb.jpg

THey should do what microsoft did with cheaters!

Block their account... zero all their gamer scores and label them publicly as a cheater.

Had a chance to play this on sunday at my girlfriends house and its pretty cool.

I found the wheel REALLY hard to use though and for any amount of serious playing and online stuff you would deifinitely want a propper game cube controller.

Ahh, nice work Big N. When there's cheaters at the top, for me personally the incentive to get on the leaderboard is less.

Bit sad not to see any Brits on the leaderboard now though. You lot need to sort yourselves out, you're representing your country here (and Portugal Rel). Bunch of Lampards

Nintendo has told Eurogamer that it has had no reports of problems with Mario Kart Wii discs.

It was speaking after those with Japanese versions of the game reported trouble loading content and numerous crashes.

Similar issues were reported following the release of Super Mario Bros. Brawl. Some Wii owners had to get their lens cleaned so the game's rare dual-layered disc format could be read.

However, Nintendo has confirmed that this isn't causing problems here, as Mario Kart Wii is only available on a single-layered disc.

Mario Kart Wii was released in Europe last Friday and is worth every penny. Pop over to our Mario Kart Wii review to find out why.

Link

Can't say I've had problems.

I'm taking by what Sam said about GTA IV and his lack of input here that he's disappointed with MK? Shame.

Single player racing aside, I think it's a fantastic game. Only problem now is that we're gonna demand as good an online system as this from now on.

I'm still ploughing through getting golds on 150cc but I've been addicted to the Time Trials, especially taking on the Nintendo staff times.

Incidentally, if you don't touch the time trials you won't unlock everything. I'll spoiler it for anyone that might not want to know, but here's what you unlock and how:

Characters

Baby Daisy 1 Star in all 50cc Wii-Cups

Baby Luigi Unlock 8 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials

Birdo Play Time Trials on 16 different courses

Bowser Jr. 1 Star in all 100cc Retro-Cups

Daisy Win 150cc Special Cup

Diddy Kong Complete all 50cc Cups

Dry Bones Win 100cc Leaf Cup

Dry Bowser 1 Star in all 150cc Wii-Cups

Funky Kong Unlock 4 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials

King Boo Win 50cc Star Cup

Mii (Outfit A) Win 100cc Special Cup

Rosalina Have a Super Mario Galaxy savefile and she will be unlocked after some GPs

Toadette Play Time Trials on all 32 different courses

Bikes

Bubble Bike (small bike) Win Mirror Leaf Cup

Dolphin Dasher (medium bike) Win Mirror Star Cup

Magikruiser (small bike) Play Time Trials on 8 different courses

Nitrocycle (medium bike) Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 100cc Wii Grand Prix Cups

Phantom (large bike) Win Mirror Special Cup

Quacker (small bike) Win 150cc Star Cup

Rapide (medium bike) Win 100cc Lightning Cup

Torpedo (large bike) Unlock 12 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials

Twinkle Star (large bike) Win 100cc Star Cup

Karts

Aero Glider (large kart) Attain at least 1 Star for all 150cc Retro Grand Prix Cups

Blue Falcon (small kart) Win Mirror Lightning Cup

Cheep Charger (small kart) Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 50cc Retro Grand Prix Cups

Dragonetti (large kart) Win 150cc Lightning Cup

Piranha Prowler (large kart) Win 50cc Special Cup

Rally Romper (small kart) Unlock 1 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials

Royal Racer (medium kart) Win 150cc Leaf Cup

Turbo Blooper (medium kart) Win 50cc Leaf Cup

Edge reviewhere

They seem to be just picking holes for the sake of it and that racing lines argument is very bad IMO. I've done lots of time trials, there are so racing lines that you can use every time.

i suck at the time trials

ive only managed to beat 5 of the ninty peeps

I dont think I have beaten any - but then I must have cos I have unlocked the

Rally Romper

but I have no idea which one - how can you tell?

I thought I was doing really well beating a Nintendo time. Then it said I have unlocked the Expert Nintendo Time. What a kick in the teeth!

Yeah, basically you beat the little old lady that cleans the toilets. Now you take on REGGIE.

Maybe.

@mynameis:

No idea, sorry.

how much does this cost instore in gamestation? but go out and buy it today

You may be a bit buggered there, everyones going out buying this game

and it shud be £35 unless ur a student?