passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

XBL Indie Games

Hendo

Tried Decimation X3 & ScoreRush last night:

X3 was far too similar to the first Decimation game to convince me to part with my points... I didn't realise that it had a slowmo button though, so may have to give it another blast just to see if it makes any real difference.

ScoreRush was kinda fun, but yet again wasn't enough to get me to purchase the full version... that might be because I'm (finally) getting bored of bog-standard twin-stick shooters, or it may have something to do with its migraine inducing visuals.

ScoreRush was kinda fun, but yet again wasn't enough to get me to purchase the full version... that might be because I'm (finally) getting bored of bog-standard twin-stick shooters, or it may have something to do with its migraine inducing visuals.

i'm as bored of twin-stick shooters as the next man but have to strongly disagree with this being bog standard, personally i can't think of any other bullet hell twin stick shooters? unless you count one of the modes in deathsmiles. this makes it pretty different to most twin stick shooters imo.

I'm as bored of twin-stick shooters as the next man but have to strongly disagree with this being bog standard, personally i can't think of any other bullet hell twin stick shooters? unless you count one of the modes in deathsmiles. this makes it pretty different to most twin stick shooters imo.

Each to their own, but to me it felt too similar to GeoWars, just with waves of bullets to avoid instead of enemies (and therefore less to shoot at).

Another interesting one from the Uprising to queue up:

Chus Dynasty - 240 points

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

That looks gorgeous! Downloading now. :)

Tried Score Rush, yeah same as Rob, no real desire to buy the full thing. I'm just not crazy about dodging hundreds of bullets.

Also tried Jump 'n' Bounce, again, wasn't that taken with it. I'm keeping the trial versions though just in case I try them again and change my mind.

Each to their own, but to me it felt too similar to GeoWars, just with waves of bullets to avoid instead of enemies (and therefore less to shoot at).

saying that is like saying ridge racer and gran turismo are too similar or that cod and halo are too similar, people will say thoes things though so fair enough.

thanks guys i'll give it a try :) i've got loads of time off coming up at xmas so have no excuses not to try it now!

edit - oh i've played score rush quite a bit now and really like it. can't remember what the mode after hard is called but i can't do it.

Crossfire 2 is truly brilliant.

I wasn't massively taken with the original but this is pretty much the same idea but the levelling up of your abilities makes things so much more fun. By the end of the game you're just a machine raining death on all.

Also, Soulcaster 2 is out. Have downloaded the trial, yet to try it though.

Will update the first post with some of the most recent recommendations. :)

I wasn't massively taken with the original but this is pretty much the same idea but the levelling up of your abilities makes things so much more fun. By the end of the game you're just a machine raining death on all.

:lol:

I just blitzed through it too, and to be honest, I wasn't as impressed as I was with the first one... The upgrades, though fun, made it much less challenging, and the final few waves weren't nearly as complex either... Still, it's well worth the asking price & it's nice to have online scoreboards for the score-attack mode too. Only had a quick go on that, but will get round to beating your score over the weekend ;)

:lol:

I just blitzed through it too, and to be honest, I wasn't as impressed as I was with the first one... The upgrades, though fun, made it much less challenging, and the final few waves weren't nearly as complex either... Still, it's well worth the asking price & it's nice to have online scoreboards for the score-attack mode too. Only had a quick go on that, but will get round to beating your score over the weekend ;)

just tried these crossfire games, number 1 first and didn't really get on with it, but thought i'd try number 2 anyway. had a few goes of score attack, didn't like the upgrading and wasn't getting on too well with it but did like it better than the first so decided to buy it anyway, played score attack - getting the hang of it now and it just clicked - been playing for about an hour now and really enjoyed it :D recon if i went back to 1 now i might like it more as i've got an idea what's going on. at first i didn't understand why i was collecting the purple bits, or why some enemies wouldn't die - now i know the bits are for a special weapon attack and some enemies can only be destroyed from one side and when interconnecting bits have already been destroyed. just when i was starting to think Hendo and my tastes in shooters were exactly opposite too! :awe: still think buying upgrades in a shooter is a bit odd mind, although normal shooters have powerups, in this its sort of like picking your powerups before you start.

Only had a quick go on that, but will get round to beating your score over the weekend ;)

That wouldn't be hard! My first and only attempt but I did get in at number 10 on the leaderboard! Might have something to do with buying it as soon as it came out, perhaps, but still I might actually try do a better score.

just when i was starting to think Hendo and my tastes in shooters were exactly opposite too! :awe:

They pretty much are! I like 'em far more pedestrian than you - there are times near the end when Crossfire 2 starts getting a little full of bullets for my liking but it never goes truly crazy.

Sadly, it might be one of the last games we see from him on the service:

Please don’t forget to rate it (you can do so on the page above). Rating the games isn’t as easy as it used to be because there’s one less spot to do it, but they’re still just as important to the long-term downloads and sales. Just to illustrate: Fireball exited the Top Rated list recently (it’s now in the mid-50’s), and downloads dropped off to almost nothing.

Crossfire 2 is the sixth game in my monthly series, and though it’s not the last (more about that another time), part of what I do in 2011 will be influenced by its fate. Though I’m sure I’m coming to the end of the monthly series of games, I’m not as certain about whether I’ll continue making XBLIGs in 2011. There will be other factors that will affect my decision, but if Crossfire 2 fails like Fireball, Inferno 2 is unlikely to get made anytime soon, possibly ever.

So the moment of truth has arrived, at least for this chapter of Radiangames. There will be another chapter, and I know how some of it will go, but the rest depends on what happens over the next couple weeks.

Shame he's not getting the returns he wants from his games. I must have noticed it, but it hadn't registered with me that you can't rate games from your library any more, you have to do it via the game's marketplace entry.

I'm probably going to get lynched for this, but... Now I've gotten round to trying all the radiangames releases, I think most of them are boring.

I like Inferno, I'll probably get that one.

That's a shame. I have to admit I don't much care for the first Crossfire or Joy Joy but I think the rest are excellent, Inferno being my favourite.

Got a better score on Crossfire 2 now, still behind spatular though.

What's your upgrade tactic? I buy all the health straight away because that would seem to be common sense, the rest more or less gets spread out over everything else, though I favour power on my shots.

What's your upgrade tactic?

Yep health... then shot-spread, so that I can keep out of the line-of-fire a bit easier...

i went for shot spread first for the same reason, then other shot stuff like power, then maybe 2/3 lives, don't think you need to get all the lives straight away as it's quite easy to survive the first bit without loosing them all, although maybe if you get the lives you can go more banzai trying to kill stuff faster for more points?

Another Uprising game has come out - ZP2KX is the latest snappily-titled game, from the maker of The Dishwasher, I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1NIT!!!1 and the game that this is a sequel to, ZP2K9.

It's a deathmatch game, viewed side-on. Twin-stick controls with perk and costume unlocks, a bunch of modes and online play. You can fill slots with AI bots if the game is feeling a little deserted, but I've had some good matches today. I quite happily paid 80 points for this.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAbFQLb6tRg?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAbFQLb6tRg?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAbFQLb6tRg?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>