passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Devil May Cry 4

Hendo

sambob wrote:

The women in the game are hot, which i realise now makes me a gaming loser,

That's not what makes you a loser.

Still not played this because I wanted to finish Uncharted. When it turned up i gave serious thought to sending it back for a refund and buying the US ps3 version. Gutted that we didnt get the same pack they did, but apparently the anime isn't up to much and I'd only feel obligated to buy the rest of it, so in the long run it might be a good thing.

The achievements in DMC4 are fucking hard so there's no point in buying it for them.

I started playing this properly last night, the 2 bosses ive faced so far were great...

fire dude and then an ice frog

I can only see this getting more epic as I get further in.

On the other hand, i can also see how this might not be everyones cup of char, it seems fairly sprawling, not always clear on what way to go and possibly a little repetative. Doesnt bother me tho, kill kill kill is the order of the day.

one thing that pisses me off a tad is that you come to certain puzzles or secrets and youre not sure if its within your powers (as in ones you could buy at that point in the game if you dont already have them equipped), or if youre going to come back to the area again anyway to try later. ive spent quite a while trying to do some little side missions or get a piece of blue orb that unbeknownst to me i had no chance of completing/getting. bad design in my book. still a brill game though, just makes me pull my sad face once every so often in between all the happy faces

Finally put a bit of time into this over the past couple of days, not too much but theres a familier burning sensation in my right eye.

Still dont know what to make of it, it's not as hard as the last one, but I started on human mode so that's a big reason. Nero just hasn't grabbed me as a character yet but there has been a few bits that have put a big old DMC smile on my face (when that woman first made her appearence :D .

I forget who said it, it might not have even been on here, but it is a bit annoying when the analogue switches because of the locked camera, and you sometimes do a little dance between locations, but aside from that and the very difficult side missions it's all good. Still waiting for it to click with me though

• 3 months later...

After getting a little bored with this I put it back on my shelf, only half way through on Human mode. Since then its started to shout at me and taunt me from the shelf where it dwells, so i caved and gave it what it wanted - a jolly good seeing to.

Im enjoying it much more this time and im starting to get the hang of combo-ing and dodging and all that jive. Ill be buggered if i can get an S Rank on any mission tho, A seems as best as ill ever get.

The women continue to wear next to nothing and their breatseses bounce at the slightest tremour or breath. Awesome.

Only on Mission 13 mind and i hear things keep gettin better, im just happy im enjoying it again.

• 2 years later...

BIZZLE.

After the last rebirth 2 and a half years ago i thought i'd have a go at this again. I was on Mission 12 on Devil Hunter mode so i had to do some earlier missions to get the hang of it all again with the ultimate aim being to finally finish Devil Hunter and unlock Son of Sparta mode.

I finally did it yesterday morning after a ton of shouting and swearing. I really suck ass at this game but i think im getting better. The amount of time it took me to do levels 19 and 20... i must have learnt something from those hours.

I think in previous times ive played ive been a bit too precious with Devil Trigger so i was always gonna struggle. Youve got to use it when you've got it so you can kick ass and rack up those style points. Also I never used the revs on the handle of the sword - its a wonder i finished Human mode really.

Son of Sparta is a big step up for me. More enemies with more strength means i have to up my game again and my gun-ho tactics dont pay off so well, you have to dodge alot more, as proved with the Fire dude boss at the end of Chapter 2. He kicked my ass twice before i beat him on the thrid attempt and he was beaten pretty conclusively. Lots of dodging, attacking as much as i can in between his attacks and when you make him slump Devil Trigger his ass, then give him a Buster. Feels good when its done.

The above is for the lovers, this is for the whores...

The average seems to be 180, thats finishing Human and Devil Hunter, getting an S Rank, an S, SS and SSS combo, Stage 10 of the Bloody Palace and some cheeves for souls, orbs and defeating enemies.

You'll get 10G for mazing out the Devil Trigger Gauge by buying all the purple orbs from the store (costs 128,000 Red Orbs),

Thats the easy ones.

Finishing Devil Hunter Mode unlocks Son of Sparda. You get 10G for getting halfway through that and 30G for finishing it.

Finish Son of Sparda and it unlocks a couple of modes, one of which is Heaven or Hell Mode - one shot deaths making for an apparently easy 10G after completion. That makes 240G

After that there wont be a massive amount i can do. You can farm Red Orb Millionaire for 40G and farm 100,000 souls for Brimming with Pride for 20G. Save enough souls for all Dane and Nero's skills and that another 100G.

So i guess you could end up with 400G with a bit of effort. More is possible but i dont think i'll do Dante Must Die Mode (overall 50G), completion of that unlocks Super Dante. Finish a playthrough with him for 20G and also he makes the Bloody Palace easy which would be another 90G.

that was a damn fine post illdog! id be happy enough with 400g in this, i dont really like it and from what i hear youd have to be a rather talented chap to get all the achievements in less than 150 hours so fuck that! wont be for a while though, got MK, enslaved and castlevania dlc to do, and la noire and dirt 3 coming out soon enough. next drought though!