passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PGR4 [360]

retroed

Well I downloaded the PGR4 demo (1.27GB ), and it's bloody amazing! There are 3 cars and 2 bikes to choose from, along with a selection of race modes and the Nurburgring snow challenge. It tracks all your best times via Live, so you can see how you're doing against your mates and the rest of the world.

I'm using bumper-cam for the cars, but with the bikes I am using the closer external view, as it's the only one where I can begin to control them half decent. I'm having a blast, and it looks gorgeous. The game seems to control almost perfectly. I can't say how it compares to Forza 2, as although I have it, I haven't gotten round to playing it yet.

Anyways, I've placed my order via this eBay seller for £29.99 delivered. It's the Asian version, but is region free and has english box, manual and text. I've had this double confirmed by a few people who have already bought their copy from Play-Asia (which Microsoft have appeared to have now stopped from shipping to EU).

You can check out http://pgrnations.com/ for lots more info on the game, and online stats. There are a couple reviews over at MetaCritic, where it is currently averaging 86%. Interestingly, IGN UK gave it a 9.1, whereas IGN US gave it an 8.1.

And of course, the full game will have the new Geometry Wars on it!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, popular game huh?

This is the only game I've been playing for the last couple of days, and it's an absolutely superb racer. I'm having a great time with it, and am finding it pretty hard to find fault in anything it does. Controls great, looks great, excellent tracks once you have given it a bit of time, and the weather effects are amazing; they really change the way the car feels on the track. The bikes are fun to ride too, although I'm spending the majority of my time in cars.

If you like your racers but are put off by hardcore simulations, then this is for you. It's in between and arcade racer and a sim, but there's no tuning and altering the cars last details, just choose your ride and drive. And then there's the Kudos system, which for those who may not know, gives you points for pulling off smart moves (drifting around a corner, popping a wheelie on a bike etc). These Kudos are your currency that you can buy more vehicles with.

Excellent game, so far my favourite on 360, and one of my favourite games of the year. Sadly it looks like PGR 4 is being overlooked, what with it being released fairly soon after Forza 2, and the onslaught of other 360 games that have come out/are coming out.

I really want to love it, but from what I've played I know if I buy it I wouldn't play it much. Which is a shame as I have yet to play you on Live, Ed!

Of these types of racers (ie. not Mario Kart) I think I prefer the stuff like Burnout, Ridge Racer and Outrun. I'll give the demo another bash.

I didn't think much of this for the first couple of hours, but it's come into it's own now. Superb Arcade and Career modes, even if Arcade is really easy, and Career occasionally frustratingly tough. Superb all round, possibly the best in series to boot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone still playing this? I've had it for a while and still fire it up at least once a fortnight. I love the bikes and the nurgburg full F1 circuit. Or a choose the Aprillia 250 (coz it's like the one I have at home) and pretend I'm riding to work without any speed limits! lol

Was a bit dissapointed at the ending of the game but I don;t know what I expected to be honest.

Wonder what they will do for PGR5? Cars, bikes and hovercraft?!

this game is amazing, i love it :wub: don't really play it anymore though.

but there might not be a pgr5...well there might be but bizzare aren't making it, turn 10 might be making it? i'm not sure, but microsoft own the rights, and maybe the code too, and bizzare don't work for them any more. i hope they make a new one after blur but just change the name again :)

Ah man! They have to do another one although I can't see how they would improve it.

Is there any decent motorbike games out there? I've tried a few of the demos of MotoGP and SBK and they mostly suck apart from SBK09 (i think) which was 1/2 decent. Only 1/2 though.