passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy Tactics - War of the Lions

Phooey

Anyone picking this up on Friday ? It's the sort of game that I like the look of, but know that I'll never really play that far into it. Anyway, it's got a good score from IGN. Clicky 9/10

Closing Comments

Even with the standard issues returning to the gameplay, and some skewed multiplayer elements, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions stands out as a great remake of a classic title. New story elements and missions, new multiplayer modes and brand new job classes strengthen what was already one of the best strategy titles around. If you're into strategy and you own a PSP, you should definitely check out the second coming of this excellent game.[/url]

Wasn't this was a remake of a snes game (possibly ps1):S

Anyway I got this for the GBA and its a great turn-based stratergy game, really deep battle system and the level in which you can customize your army is fantastic, and probably even more so with the psp version as I understand it has extra character classes. If you enjoyed Fire Emblem I would really recomend this.

This is entirely different to the GBA and PS1 games and the forthcoming DS game. The scores so far have been great but I'm still more excited about the DS game next spring.

I would be picking this up if I had a PSP but it may be just the game to convince me to buy one if they ever come down in price.

Part Time Gamer wrote:

Well shut my ill-informed mouth,:pinch: :blush:

:D lol yeah sorry reading back what i typed did sound a bit snippy sorry.

Yeah New game new story new characters it does look so good but I dont even think i'll get a psp for xmas :( But as i said FFTA2 is coming to DS soon so that will be fantastic.

I've been watching this occasionally, along with FFTA2, but I've always prefered Nippon Ichi's SRPG's to the SQUEENIX ones, they just have so much more character to them. I definetly intend on importing the PSP Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, which is actually just a port of the first PS2 game.

sambob wrote:

Centy wrote:

Yeah New game new story new characters.

You fucking tell him Centy, get back in your cage part time gamer, and dont come out until you know the difference between the versions.

Its embarrasing, I have the worlds knowledge at my finger tips via the world wide web and I still manage to talk shit, by the way if you finish Super Mario World in under two hours, you find out he's a women.;)

• 2 years later...

Super Bump.

I got this mega double decker cheap on the internets and yesterday played it non stop. I had played through final fantasy tactics A2 previously on the DS, and so far Ive liked this better. The story is really good it keeps me coming back to it when sometimes you get a bit lost in trying to push through the different job classes.

The main thing to remember with a game like this is to save it all the time, i forgot there was no autosave and had to re-do a lot when i started the game.