passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Zelda: Twilight Princess.

RivaOni

Wrote a review for this when bitparade first launched

And at the time, I was really really enjoying it, then I hit a couple of dungeons that were just tedious, the game became boring and predictable and, well, annoying, and I stopped playing it, for quite a while in fact.

Out of the blue I decided to return to it yesterday, just finished the Temple of Time and have to say, I'm still finding it a slog, but I wanna get it finished now, with all the events that are now happening, I feel its nearly over, and Twilight Princess will be the second Zelda I've finished in 2 years (the other being OoT)

Welcome back Riva!

I keep meaning to pick up the Cube version of this "just for the collection" but at 40 quid it's just too much.

Isn't this version no different to the Wii one except for the controls (obviously) and a mirrored world?

Yeah its pretty much the same I think. Although I thought that there was a dungeon extra in the Wii version or something along those lines?

Still, I'd like to see if the Wii controls make it any more fun, it just feels tired on Gamecube.

Wow, this game certainly splits opinion doesnt it. I just dont get how people dont get into it, i fell in love with it instantly and its magic sped me away to Zelda dreamworld untill it was all done.

I really want this on teh Cube, just for collections sake but i rekon ill play it through cos I have heard that the GC controls are better.... controversy.

i thought it was hit and miss myself. when its good, damnmotherfucker its good. some of the temples and boss fights are shit hot, the music and art style are brilliant, theres a lot to love. but i think there were missed opportunities in places, and a lack of sidequests outside of the fishing and bugs.

I've just reached the Temple of Twilight (?) and the story seems to have finally picked up properly, from piecing together the mirror shards and getting that girls memory back, to reaching this place, its definetly improved. Still prefer Wind Waker and OoT though..

i still havent beaten the dragon boss. i couldnt tell when id clawshot around the back of it to bum it with some precision clawing, so fucked it off and havent gone back to it in over a week. if the story picks up afterwards, maybe that will inspire me to somehow implant eyes into the back of links head

• 4 weeks later...

lol lock on was the key with that dragon boss, sweet. just finished it now, and yes midna WAS a hotty. i wonder wether Link fixed the mirror and went over there, got married and darkling/norm hybrid kids.

did anyone else think the last two dungeons were kinda lame in design? not artistic design, hyrule castle looked awesome but they were so easy and short.. :/

It was a wierd balance, some of the early dungeons were too long for me, yet the final few were a little on the short side, but it probably only felt that way because of the first few dungeons. None were as bad as the ice level though, "go here" "oh, no not there, maybe its that way" "nope I was wrong again sorry, go get me some soup bitch" ffs.

I did enjoy the end bosses though, particularly the one with Ganon in the beasty form charging at you :D

yeah i really enjoyed the 4 stages of ganon, it was great stuff. loved the cinematic realisation that ganon had won the fight with midna that collapsed the castle, and the tear smashing the mirror scene was gripping too. Nintendo did a great job of putting emotion into this game.

i think the last two were noticably short though, i got through hyrule castle in about 15 minutes! in zelda games there is always the moment when after a gruelling dungeon quest you got the big key and you knew that the boss now awaits you (most of the time, there has been some exceptional dungeons where you get it way before you find the boss door), but it was in my hands in no time at all in these dungeons