passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Simpsons Movie

Sambob

Saw it Sunday just gone, and i dont know if its becuase i got shit seats in a jam packed cinema full of screaming kids, or becuase of the film, but i felt largely underwhelmed.

It was funny, dont get me wrong, but there were a lot of funny points given away in trailers, still one or two genuinely funny moment.

Compared to the amount of belly laughs squeezed into some of the better standard episodes, I was really expecting some great laughs here but didnt have that many, the plot was silly as expected in a simpsons showing but unfortunately this didnt work streched over an hour and half.

Like i said earlier it was still a good laugh, but the reason im being a bit harsh is becuase the film should have delivered more, I feel as though Groening bottled it here as he went for the family experience rather than the occasional genius comedy that makes me watch the simpsons.

Heres to a Futurama or Family Guy movie sometime soon.

I wasnt that impressed either, there's some great moments that I wont spoil by posting here, but too many of the laughs came from slapstick. It was almost like it was made for an audience that has never seen the Simpsons before, so aside from a few injokes, it was reverting back to basics.

I did laugh a few times, so it's not terrible, just not as good as it should have been

The Family Guy movie was 3 episodes stuck togather, this was before the series got recomissioned. BBC 3 have shown it a few times as part of the series. To be honest, it's a lot worse than the Simsons film, there's the odd moment, but it feels like something they rushed out to capitalise on its new found popularity

Oh right, the one about stewie. I thought Wiivo meant that there was a proper film coming out, yeah I think ive seen the feature thing what was it called, something like 'Stewie, the untold story'.

I didnt like the Family Guy movie. At first you laugh but then it's more of the same followed by more of the same and like in the tv series you can tell when they are about to bring a small clip that has nothing to do with the story.

I dont know about a Futurama movie but they are producing new Futurama episodes. I think they are longer than the tv show so, it could be considered movies. (straight to DVD though)

I've heard different things about it, some good, some bad.

I've seen the SpiderPig clip and I'm convinced I've seen it before but Games!!! told me it hasn't been on an episode.

Either I can see into the future or putting a scene with Homer and a pig together has been done a lot.

I think the latter.