passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mario Party 8

Sambob

It was the advert that did it for me too, look at them all having fun. They are shaking the Wii mote and it makes the bottle shake. Besides that documentary advert clearly shows that hot women will play mario party.

I hated it with a passion when I found out that online play wasnt in it, and was ready to kill the makers never mind being put off buying it.

But i really liked mario party 2 and thats the last one i played so, even if its not progressed much, its the same game with new stuff and Wii controls....how did Resi 4 turn out by the way?

Sam, I just read this on another forum.

Just to let you all know, I have just got back from work at GAME and just before 5pm we received an email to pull all copies of Mario Party 8 from display immediately. This is due to some copies apparently containing bad language. I'd advise anyone wanting it to hunt one down quickly as it could quickly become quite rare & collectable, at least until it is re-issued.

Further on in the thread it says the word used is 'Spastic'. MindQuiz, anyone?!

And elsewhere:

Just read on another forum that it has been withdrawn from sale by Nintendo due to a fatal bug. Some copies have been sold already though.

Wicked I got me an illegal copy yee ha.

Ive not noticed the word spastic so far, it did call me a stupid cunt when I did something wrong though...

On the impressions side, its quite fun. There are some unforgivable mistakes from a hardcore gamers point of view, not supporting wide screen being the most glaringly obvious and unforgivable.

It seems that the game perfectly fits in with Nintendos non-hardcore gamer market though, as my parents and my girlfriend absolutely loved it. The fact that some games are needlessly complicated seem to make it even funnier as one of the 2 vs 2 games panned out. You have to work as partners clearing a field of crops, one of you whacking the moles while the other one picks the carrots out of the ground, you swipe the wiimote like a hammer to make it work like a hammer, and you press A and then pull to get the crops out. Sounds pretty shit but my mum kept running round in circles and whacking my dad instead of the moles while he ran around dizzy instead of getting the carrots. Things like this made it quite funny, and as the adverts show I think it would actually go down really well in a party or something if a few people got together and had a go.

Theres a good few games to play and its kind of addictive, some boards are quite good some are shit and I think it needs a few more boards. As I said a while ago theres potentially a lot of fun, if there were more boards and online multiplayer then it would be an essential purchase for everyone, as it stands it still worth getting if you have a few people that you can play it with.

• 6 months later...

This came in the post today (thank you, mysterious sender) so I'll be trying it out hopefully over the weekend before sending it back with disgust.

I've also ordered Mario & Sonic from GAME but it was a wee bit more expensive than I would've liked.