passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Hoshigami Remix:Ruining Blue Earth

Centy

Well the first proper TRPG for the DS is finally here and my first impressions are pretty positive but then i've only played the first 20 minutes due to Etrian Odyssey still taking up all my handheld time. Anyone else interested in this or are we waiting on Final Fantasy Tactics and Luminous Arc to weigh in?

Initial impressions seem very good but it looks like a massively involved gaming experience and I like you are still ploughing through EO (level 23ftw!).

I think I'll it give some proper attention over the weekend to get to grips with the battle system.

Ben wrote:

I might well get this over Doki Doki Majo Shinpan next week.

I dont know, how can you possibly loose when buying a witch touching adventure game :D i'll try to play a couple of hours worth to give you some idea of if its good or not its no Shining Force or Fire Emblem though.

• 2 weeks later...

Played this for a little bit and I cant speak highly enough of it.

Its continuously growing in terms of strategy, the story is developing nicely.

Its not too difficult, which is a good thing because if you forget to save it for a while then you can lose a bit of time. Having said that if you dont use your bonce and just rush in then more often than not you will end up regretting it.

Theres skills to be learnt, new party members can be drafted in and then trained up. Im not really up to speed with which character is best at which class etc but im doing okay so far, ive only been killed and thats because I rushed in when I saw an opportunity for victory, and I didnt get the luck.

The way you attack is great too, theres a golf style meter and you have to stop it as far up as possible to get the maximum power and cause the maximum damage, being careful not to stop it a second too late when its gone back to nothing and score a feeble wet noodle style slap.

Dont want to go on about it too much until a few more people have this game, but its available here for 18 pound from VGplus: hoshigami remix

Edit* as to whether its this or doki doki, this wins hands down, its much more of a game and should keep you happier longer, although it depends what you're into.

double post, but i aint sorry.

Having raved about it, im reminded that Final fantasy tactics A2 and the new lumines are both right around the corner, and whilst this will make the time pass easier, if it comes down to one or the other, I cant honestly recommend this over either upcoming title im afraid.