passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Great Review Drive of 07

Centy

Thats right DS-Wiifi needs you... needs you to contribute with your reviews of games on DS, Wii, Virtual Console or Gamecube.

Did you know that each unwritten review pushes Hendos sanity ever further away, you can save him you have the power to save Hendo from stress and madness.

But in all seriousness ;) we want you the members to make up some reviews for publishing on the site. You dont need to be a professional journalist or anything only criteria is it needs to be somewhat lucid and in english. It can be a game you love a game you hate whatever get your opinions typed up and goto the reviews tab on the main menu click new and let us know via this thread or pm and we'll check it over and then make it visible for the world.

So please go mad and get bizzzzy :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No word limit (see illdog's review of Sonic Rush for how small they can be - click) and you can review whatever you want.

Cube games would be good! Currently we have DS, VC and Wii but some GBA and Cube games would be a great addition.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn it!

Just as I drop everyone to member, someone wants to write a review!

Until now every new member had to have their priveledges bumped up so they can write reviews but more importantly see and use the shoutbox. Now that's gone I've dropped everyone back down and was about to ask who wanted to write reviews. You beat me to it!

So....anyone who wants to write a review just say so and we'll put your ranking up. Or failing that you could email the thing to one of us using the Contact page.

For now, I'll put some of the people up (like wiivo) that have shown interest or have done them before.

I've fixed wiivo's review now for him so if you take a look again at it (and if you haven't already read it you should as it made me laugh!) you'll see a youtube clip.

If you want to add a video, click on the 'HTML' button and then go to the bottom of the code you see, paste in the embed code from youtube, click 'Update' when you're done, and you're away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive just had a like so totally cool idea, why dont you make the reviews interactive, so that if somebody wanted to add a comment to the reviews or disagree or say that they liked the review then it could be added to the review, in a similar way to how an impressions thread works? Does anyone think this might be a cool idea? Its just that, as much as I like the reviews and theyve geuinely helped me in the past, I also really like to read the impressions from several gamers too.

We used to use something just like that, but I found a better solution where each review had a link that took you straight to the forum to post your comments direct, and if there wasn't already a thread for it, it started one for you.

Mind, last time I tried it it broke. :(

I'll see if I can get the old commenting system back.

Nice one!

I'm experimenting with a commenting system, with a thing on the right that shows when new comments have been added.

It's not quite how I wanted it but I can work on it. By default it hides the form and comments but I can change that if enough people want it shown.

I'm not too bothered about making it perfect as let's face it, its just another place for Sam to moan on.

EDIT

I'm also messing about with a "Recommend" thing so you can send an email to someone recommending any of the content stuff.

Pointless but hey ho.

EDIT MORE

It all went horribly tits up, probably as I added 3 different commenting systems, so I've scrapped them all and will probably go for the first one after all.

Hey ho, another day.

• 4 weeks later...