passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Paper Mario - the Thousand Year Door

stu

Triple Post FTW.

I finally did it and I'm so chuffed!

I had to consult a guide in the end for the last boss, as there was one technique I was missing and because of it I was losing so many health points.

I've now saved again and I can continue my adventure - therefore you don't have to spend time trying to do everything on your first run through. Needless to say I'm in a bit of a pickle of whether I should carry on or spend the time on finishing off other games instead.

Whatever the outcome, it's been an absolute blast and it will go down as one of my top ten games ever made.

As I said, when you're about to go through the Thousand Year Door, make sure you've stocked up on items and you've levelled up enough.

This game is getting better and better with ever passing moment of time with it.

Just finished chapter 4, and whilst theres a bit of back tracking which would get on my nerves normally, with this game it doesn't matter, cos it's such a fucking joy!!!!

So many moments I hope I don't forget already, listening the crows gossip is a highlight right now, genius.

This is in danger of becoming the best game I've ever played.

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT

though maybe me being dumb

is that massive dragon the final boss,the one through the thousand year door with the annoying poison move,the really annoying one to beat? coz i beat it and not sure what to do next,haven't played it for a while tho,top game,i just need closure :(

pickled wrote:

with the annoying poison move,the really annoying one to beat? coz i beat it and not sure what to do next,haven't played it for a while tho,top game,i just need closure :(

As hinn says, it's not the last boss, but you are right at the end - keep going!

For the poison move, there's a badge you can equip that helps you stop getting poisoned. Can't remember what it's called, but you might have it.

EDIT

Ah bugger you have killed it - you have to go across the water, up the tower and put the crystals in the thingy.

yeah i picked up the poison badge after getting my ass handed to me :)

may well dig this oput then and havea bash at the final boss, after putting 36ish hours into it wouldbe nice to finish it, at least then i may complete 2 games this year!!!!!!!!

chapter 5 done and dusted!

latest memorable moments include the bowser bit, the sea bit and the bomb man!!!

hehe, no spoilers, but you'll all see when you meet these moments.

Chapter 6 all done now!

Memorable moments include the train journey and the detective, oh boy the detective!

And the chef!!!!

So many wonderful charecters, I've now clocked up 43 hours of game time.

I must admit though I'm doing ALL the troubles between each chapter and going to do loads of side quests and piss about in the arcade.

I never want this to end :(

Now you can maybe understand why I just stopped - I wanted it to stay in a permanent state of gameplay (although it doesn't make sense that I literally put it down for good.....).

The train journey is indeed one of the highlights.

You can't be far from the end now, I think.

Completed this at the weekend.

It has the greatest ending to a game I've ever seen, around 20 minutes of perfection!

The last chapter had some awesome highlights such as the theme music (you'll have to play it to find out what it is) and Bowsers entrnace.

Also the mid way point in the final battle is one of the best things I've experience in an RPG.

This is simply the best game on the Gamecube that I've played, and easily ranks above the likes of GTA:SA and SotC as the best game of that generation.

Which is odd, as that's usually a place reserved for Zelda :P

stu wrote:

It has the greatest ending to a game I've ever seen, around 20 minutes of perfection!

Nicely done!

It is an awesome ending isn't it? I'm so glad I picked it back up as I can't believe this was just gonna sit on my shelf gathering dust and I wouldn't have experienced the whole thing.

Unlike a lot of other endings (Hotel Dusk I'm looking at you) at no point do you feel bored waiting for it to be done. It's just glorious to take it all in.

After I finished I carried on and did a bit more, but I can't be bothered doing all the tasks, so I've saved my game right by the door and then I can go through the Pit of 100 Trials again and see if I can finish them.

• 1 month later...

Totally agree with all the comments, I got this game as soon as it came out and it was just a joy to play from start to finish. You never really got stuck but it was challenging, just a perfect game. Playing through Paper Mario 64 on the VC now, very impressed :)