passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The 1UP Show Thread

retroed

• 2 weeks later...

As ever another essential watch for the latest episode.

Download the WMV version or the Quicktime version or watch the stream on the minisite.

Crysis (PC)

More amazing vids and some of the gameplay explained. This looks amazing, and actually sounds a bloody good game.

Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP)

Comparing this version to the original on the PlayStation.

Ouenden 2

Anyone who has heard our latest podcast but not played Ouenden needs to watch this!

Nintendo Media Day

Full of great stuff, such as Mario Strikers Charged (Wii), Brain Age 2(DS), Big Brain Academy (Wii), Pokémon Battle (Wii), Boogie (Wii) and Planet Puzzle League (DS).

Puzzle League sounds like it has some rather nifty online tricks up its sleeve.

Blizzard's Korean Event

All about StarCraft 2 obviously! Looks ace.

• 4 months later...

I usually download this, but 1up is going incredibly slow. I can't even get 1upyours. :( I used to think it was Virgin Media to blame, but other people on NTSC-uk have also have problems downloading the show.

EDIT

Thought the MTV guy on last week's 1upyours was excellent.

It always takes me a bloody long time to get the show but iTunes ususally spits it out late Friday night and so I leave my PC on as it normally says it will take about 2 or 3 hours to get. I got 1up Yours this week with no probs.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started listening to the latest 1upyours & the comments (14 mins in) that they all made about Endless Ocean made me giggle. :laugh:

Petting your penguin.

Stroke the sturgeon.

Pork the porpoise.

A penguin came to my boat & hung out.

:laugh:

1up Yours - a long, but essential listen every week.

The 1up Show - a short and essential watch every week.

B)

It's at this point I'd say if you have any desire to listen to podcasts, download iTunes, as even if you don't plan on using it as a normal media player, it's easier to subscribe to them with it. Plus, if you don't want to use iTunes for anything else, you can drag hold of the files when they come down and plonk them somewhere else.

Of all the podcasts out there, 1upyours is always one of my favourite shows. The things that Shane & Garnett come out with sometimes really make me laugh & I just wish that John Davison was always there. Even if they do get things wrong sometimes (PS3 backwards compatability), it's always hugely entertaining.

I'm also a manual downloader as I have a Creative MP3 player rather than an ipod.

I thought this latest episode of 1upyours had just a little too much Hellgate London in it. I know it was because of their special guest, but they just seemed to waffle on & on about it.

Yeah, way too much Hellgate talk, and MMO chat in general. For the first time in a 1upyours podcast, I fast forwarded through that and skipped to the news.

A podcast I'm really enjoying at the moment is the EvilAvatarRadio one. Last week they had the voice of GLaDOS, and Jonathon Coulton (the writer of Still Alive, end credits of Portal). That was a great episode. :)

RetroEd wrote:

A podcast I'm really enjoying at the moment is the EvilAvatarRadio one. Last week they had the voice of GLaDOS, and Jonathon Coulton (the writer of Still Alive, end credits of Portal). That was a great episode. :)

Downloading now. :) I don't think I've listened to that show before, so I'll give it a whizz.

Phooey wrote:

I'm also a manual downloader as I have a Creative MP3 player rather than an ipod.

I don't have an ipod either! I listen to podcasts on my phone, there's no problem with using iTunes for any other mp3 player unless you're buying from the Store.

Completely agree about this week's show - I still haven't finished listening to it, cos it goes on and on.

Hendo wrote:

Phooey wrote:

I don't have an ipod either! I listen to podcasts on my phone, there's no problem with using iTunes for any other mp3 player unless you're buying from the Store.

Really ? Don't I feel stupid. :blink: :laugh: I always thought it was in a special Apple format that wouldn't work on anything but an ipod.

1upyours...In it Shane and Garnett embark on a show unlike any before with EGM's Crispin Boyer and the unparalleled Seanbaby.

Seanbaby ! :woohoo: I got up early this morning just so I could download this show & it still took me 4 attempts. Still, should be a good 'un. I daren't even try to download the 1up show - my PC would just melt.

Oooh nice. :)

I haven't listened to that yet, but I have watched the 1up Show, and Virtua Fighter has the thumbs up, as does Rock Band.

Super Mario Galaxy probably has a bit more attention as Jeremy Parish not only reprises a scene he did ages ago, where he sits on the floor waiting for the mail, but he sings! And Galaxy looks stunning, but there's some slight camera issues and Bettenhausen complains (again) that there's some shitty textures.