passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post your latest albums

Hendo

As it says on the tin.

Just come back from Tesco and bought...

Amy Winehouse - Back To Black

Love the 3 singles I've heard so far so I thought I should do the decent thing and invest. Half of the tracks are produced by Mark Ronson which brings me nicely to....

Mark Ronson - Version

I think he's British but he's made a big name for himself in America and this album he's done covers, twisting the originals completely.

I've already heard a funky instrumental version of Coldplay's God Put A Smile On Your Face, another funky cover of Just by Radiohead (awesome solo where the horns replace the spastic guitar) and the new single you should all have heard by now, which is Stop Me by The Smiths.

Rhythms del Mundo Cuba

Done by some of the guys from Buena Vista Social Club - some crazy Cuban covers of well-known tracks, some of them retaining the original vocals.

I've heard so far, a wicked version of Clocks by Coldplay, She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5 (nowhere near as sappy as the original) and a storming cover of High and Dry by Radiohead that uses a new vocal in Spanish.

Try that!

Also, I finally got last week the live CD of the gig I went to of Faithless.

Awesome stuff and brings back the memories.

:)

Get 'im not afraid of you...' by Yo stu, great album. (soz 4 abvs. on wii)

NIN - Year Zero. More industrial than his recent stuff but after only a couple of listens I'd say it was top drawer

Low - Drums and Guns. Bleak, delicate, subtle and still packed with hooks. Brilliant stuff

Bright Eyes - Cassadaga. Cant recommend this enough, americana at its best

me? i rarely buy CDs only the ones i really REALLY like

so i pre-ordered the latest linkin park CD out 15th May

Minutes to Midnight

200px-Minutes-to-midnight.jpg

latest song is on their page, check it out

www.linkinpark.com

just got kings of leon on the weekend, before that I got........(should I say or not) Mika's new album. I know the single he released is kind of annoying, and I had a bad feeling that the rest of the album would be all cheesy pop. This album was a massive shock, its actually really good and he comes across as being genuinely talented.

Haven't heard anything by Fountains of Wayne, Chin - I'll have to give them a try.

They get a lot of shit thrown at them, but I like Linkin Park and I'm looking forward to the new album, let me know what it's like Hinn.

I nearly bought the new NIN album, but I thought the last one was really below par - some of the tracks were the best they'd ever done, and some were among the worst.

I also nearly bought the new Bright Eyes album, only got a couple of albums, saw them in Glasto and they blew me away.

.....I'm sad to say I'm tempted by the Mika album, but that may not surprise some of you.

:)

Mika are a poor man's Scissor Sisters, and that's saying something.

I'm currently listening to quite a bit:

The Knife - Silent Shout

Peaches - Some of the earlier stuff

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

God Speed You! Black Emporer - Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada!

Yo La Tengo - I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One (Bizarrely)

Low - Rarities and B-sides (Still trying to get through this monster set)

PJ Harvey - Uh huh her

Hendo wrote:

Haven't heard anything by Fountains of Wayne, Chin - I'll have to give them a try.

If you can find the first two albums, Fountains of Wayne and Utopia Parkway, they're both fantastic.

stu wrote:

nice one sly, also loving the tengo!

great lp that, deeper into movies and space bepop are in my head at the mo.

Yo La Tengo are one of my favourite bands. I've got:

Prisoners of Love (LTD)

I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One

Danelectro

And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out

Genius + Love = Yo La Tengo

Summer Sun

and a ridiculous amount of rare stuff on LP that I haven't been able to listen to since my record player fucked last year.

I even had one of their tracks played at my wedding (During the reception): "Nutricia" from the 2nd disc in Genius + Love. Great band.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers for that list Sly, now listened to most of the albums, erm, consistently over the last few weeks :D

Painful, I Can Hear The Heart and I Am Not Afraid... are my favourites at the moment.

Such a great band, reminds me of an easier to listen to Sonic Youth, whom are my favourite band.

Also can hear lots of Spiritualized and My Bloody Valentine in them, again, 2 of my favourite bands, so yeah, YLT FTW!