passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Attention all puzzle fans!

Hendo

Not hear of this game or the series, but Puzzle Series Vol. 5: Slitherlink just got reviewed by Eurogamer and it got a 10! Clicky

Kinda like Sudoku apparently, but much better.

When I saw this I thought of Stu and Phooey (:() and I thought I'd bring it up here.

Only available in Japan at the mo.

slitherlinks are fucking hard!!!

you have a grid where some places have numbers, and those numbers relate to how many lines surround it, and you have to make a continuous line...

damn tricky!

but not as bad as Hitoris!!!

i love my Japanese logic puzzles :D

i think this puzzle series is on about volume 12 now, including hitoris, slitherlinks, sudokus and of course the greatest of them all, Picross :D

OH MY GOD this game is more addicitive than crack,i started playing it last night before i went to sleep, mainly just to give it a look to see what it was like. I didn't go to sleep untill 1 in the morning! I have to get up at 5!! b een playing it on and off at every chance today as well,if you love number puzzles this is a must

ok, after some research, I have found an awesome website for the Hudson Puzzle Series games - http://www.hudson.co.jp/puzzle/jigsaw/

If you mouse over the text under the Hudson logo in the top left, you will see all 13 volumes listed, many have actual demos which you can play, whilst some of them are impossible due to language, some are surprisingly easy to pick up!

I've also emailed Hudson to see if there is any chance of these coming out over here, reply will be posted as and when!

darkglobe80 wrote:

slitherlinks are fucking hard!!!

but not as bad as Hitoris!!!

It's funny how names in other languages would lean themselve to controversial statement...

"My girlfriend played with her Hitoris last night...."

:P

And never ask a girl on a first date if she like Hitoris. You might get slapped.

:P

nah its not to bad, i used the original review that hendo posted in the first post as that gave some rough translation, then just poked stuff until i figurued out what it did. still need to find how to save progress though. to start with i was finding the 6x6 grids very tricky however after 5-6 you start to notice patterns etc etc, now working through 10x10 done about 21 so far. I don't know if this is old info or not, but sudoku gridmaster must be part of the puzzle series as it is also by hudson and uses the same stars rating system, and all the graphics are identical, so i guess there might be a slim chance of it getting US release if not EUR