passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sonic and the Secret Rings

DANGERMAN

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played this quite a bit now and leveled up a lot.

I'm still liking some bits but frustrated by others, but I don't feel the need to get rid of it.

A question for those who have it...

Are you meant to use multiple rings to have specific abilities on each?

I'm only using one and putting as many abilities as I can on it - is this wrong?

Yeah that's what I thought.

I'm quite levelled up now and have unlocked a lot of levels and worlds. I've not long found Knuckles.....oh sorry, Sinbad....and opened his cage.

Like illdog, I go from liking some bits to hating others. I find some bits great fun, but they're quite rare compared to the frustrating bits.

Cheers relmatos - for those who are left wondering, here's those insightful main theme lyrics in full.

Seven Rings in Hand

Make-believes reborn

Myths and mind reformed

Question all that's known

Legends blurred and torn

Make-believes reborn (Make-believes reborn)

Myths and mind reformed (Myths and mind reformed)

Question all that's known (Question all that's known)

Legends blurred and torn (Legends blurred and torn) (Blurred and torn)

No such thing as fate for those who speed

A path at a time instead of just living in

So many things erased before they begin

Hopes on dream instead of what could have been

Watch your faith lie quick in the sand

Just like that it's nothing at all just seems

Nothing at all just seems

Fortune shines with seven in hand

Back to back make real of all that seems

Make real of all that seems

Seven rings in hand speed through nights with feet in sand

Seven rings in hand wonders all under command

Seven rings in hand while with just one single hand

Seven rings in hand arrowed hearts catch fire now

Legends blurred and torn

No such thing as an arrow through who dreams

Hopes made burning but forever lasting within

So many things need a push or pull to begin

Or are free to move unless another hand gets in

Be it all the same it's never the same

Just like that it's nothing at all just means

Nothing at all just means

If all as is then it's never as is

Back to back make real of all that seems

Make real of all that seems

Memories that dance (Memories that dance)

Fairy tales entranced (Fairy tales entranced)

No one to believe (No one to believe)

Nothing's up to chance (Nothing's up to chance)

Legends blurred and torn

[instrumental]

Seven rings in hand

Nights with feet in sand

Seven rings in hand

Seven rings in hand

Legends blurred and torn (Legends blurred and torn) (Blurred and torn)

Load of old arse.

No such thing as fate for those who speed

Thats what it says. Ive been singing 'No such thing as an aeroplane, Who's Steve?'. Ben and me were hoping to unlock this Steve as a secret playable character. Now i dont want to play anymore, Steve was the only thing keeping me going and now he's gone.

Right I'll be giving this a miss for the time being, although shit song lyrics arent particularly a killer for me, anybody listened carefully to 'Goemon Mystical Ninja' songs. Might try to find them for a little sample.

Just to let you know, I'm on the Djin fight and oh my fuck is it a bastard. I have however unlocked Steve, and I'm sad to say, he's a bit of a mess. I've seen ugly before but fuck. When I saw him run for the first time, I thought it was a charity appeal :(

EDIT: Completed :)

Ben wrote:

Just to let you know, I'm on the Djin fight and oh my fuck is it a bastard. I have however unlocked Steve, and I'm sad to say, he's a bit of a mess. I've seen ugly before but fuck. When I saw him run for the first time, I thought it was a charity appeal :(

He's real? I cant fucking believe it, i was only making it up! His looks never really figured as a factor, it was more the lies of the song I couldnt bare, but all is forgiven! Fucking great stuff! He's real! I still caat believe it.

illdog wrote:

Ben wrote:

He's real? I cant fucking believe it, i was only making it up! His looks never really figured as a factor, it was more the lies of the song I couldnt bare, but all is forgiven! Fucking great stuff! He's real! I still caat believe it.

I'd have to assume he was yanking the proverbial with that one.

I actually liked this game. Not love like the old Sonic games but it's fun. like driving a car but cooler. The maps are a bit small and there doesn't seem to be any order to the missions and I was a bit annoyed cos I kept playing the same areas for different missions.

The mini-games are fun too.

The thing I really don't like about the game is that Sonic doesn't roll. he just runs, jumps and flies. SONIC MUST BE ABLE TO TURN INTO A BALL AND ROLL OTHERWISE IT ISN'T SONIC.

Did Bens pic of Steve look EXACTLY like you had imagined him? I think he's been visiting me in my dreams, maybe thats why im diggin this game at the mo.

Thats right, you heard me, im diggin it. DIGGIN. Ive powered up to a certain level where Sonic flows through the levels with a lot more grace now that dodging is easier, recovery time is quicker and dash speed is faster. amongst other things. Its almost like Sega have made a broken game and reward your perseverence with patches. I went back and did the very first level to show a mate of mine what the games was about and i flowed through it like i was swimming through air. Got a silver medal for my efforts too - not so shabby - but I couldnt help thinking 'Why wasnt it like this in the first place?'

Anyways, i have 5 of these so called 'Secret' rings and im on my way to get the 6th. Its just a shame i had to scream at the game for the first 7 hours before I really started to get into the groove.

I finished this earlier, well, got the credits up anyway, there's still more to do but id just thought id try and finalise my opnion on the game.

I was talkin to Ben on MSN this morning and we sort of came up with the same conclusion: despite its obvious problems SATSR is worth the effort required to make it an enjoyable adventure. With enough levelling up and careful distribution of skills the game becomes more controlable and therefore more fluid.

Even tho I screamed at it like a drunken tramp would at a cat sleeping in his box most of the way through, I enjoyed the times that I finally got it right and sped through the level like it was 2D Sonic.

And the fact that ive seen the credits and still have a fair few missions to do is pleasing, its nice to see a bit of longevity in these so-called 'quick fire' games.