passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Hotel Dusk : Room 215

Hendo

It could well be Ed, all I'll say is that I'd already been kicked out of the room I had to go in.

I'm on chapter 6 now, and I have a complaint. Rather than the plot being one huge intertwined piece, each chapter follows one character. It's probably a better way to do it, but it shatters the illusion a bit.

Not much else I can say without ruining things. There was another bit where I had some trouble, it's a stylus puzzle that should be insanely easy but you arent told what to do so you think it's more complicated than it needs to be. Same a bit later on, you'll have put all the clues togather and think it's done with, but your character is a bit slow on the uptake and the game crawls to a halt until you realise exctly how much you have to spell out for him

Still loving it though

Triple post ball flick action-o-rama.

I think I'm on Chapter 6 now, I'm in the bar playing with some puzzles and talking to a few of the guests.

I think I have all the numbers now that I need to do the thing with the food machine thingy.

I haven't played this for a few days now, but I'm at the start of Chapter 8. I have all the numbers, too, but haven't had the opportunity to do anything with them yet.

Still loving it, will crack back on with it when DKR single player is done.

Shamefully I've had to use a guide on a few occasions, but one thing I noticed was it said there was only one point when you could get some change for the machine, so maybe you've missed it?

It was at the point where some cash is missing so you have to hide most of your stuff, but if you show the manager your own cash he'll give you some change.

Just finished this. The last few hours are superb, i'd just started to wonder how things were going to tie togather, whether it'd be rushed or really dragged out, but the pacing is perfect.

I had to use a guide a couple of times through the game, at one point I'd just started a chapter and had no clue where or what I was supposed to do. Thankfully after that I managed to go through the rest on my own power. I've sneaking suspition that a few of the puzzles have more than one solution. I know me and Ed did a puzzle differently, and theres a point towards the end where I'm sure it was giving me the option to do something else, but i didnt have the right items

I think I know what bit at the end you are going on about, Ben. I did have the item needed, but it's possible to do the task without it. :)

I also finished this earlier, and have to say I really enjoyed it. I'd quite happily play a sequel. I too had to have a ganders at gamefaqs a couple of times, but only when I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to be doing. It all tied together nicely at the end, although I've read there are various endings available, depending on how you play through the game.

• 4 months later...

Bit of an old school bump for this. I haven't played it since my last post back in February! :ohmy:

But I figured I'm over half way so I picked it back up the other day and I'm now on Chapter 8 I think. Is it out over here now? I would still recommend it, but given the option, Phoenix Wright is better due to the level of humour.

As mentioned in the Complete a Game thread, I've finished this now and I'm so glad I did.

It really is a great game, but like Ed says, it follows the rules of the majority of adventure/point and click games by not having much replay value. It's gonna be one of them 'pick up again after a couple of years' kind of things I think.

The story is really good, but possibly because it was pretty late (and I'm in work early in the morning) I was just getting bored by the ending, it goes to great lengths to wrap everything up but I just found it a bit too long. There's only so many times you can click "next", you know?

Still, the story and twists are really good and in the end all of the questions you had about what the hell was going on were answered.