passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Persona 3 Reload

HandsomeDead

@shinymcshine 

While in a social link scene you will be given options to respond to them with a dialogue choice.  If you pick the right one you get three musical notes pop out of them.  That's what moves the relationship.  If you pick the wrong choice then you will have to get those musical notes by just hanging out with them enough so it sets off the next level of the social link.

As you go through the game you will find more ways to get those notes (like weekend calls to hang out, it won't up your SL there and then, but it will make it certain next time).

So no, don't just ignore them, it doesn't move on it's own.

6 minutes ago, HandsomeDead said:

So no, don't just ignore them, it doesn't move on it's own.

Right, but it doesn't get worse if you don't hang out with them. It just stays the same, I think? If not I've been fucking up big time lol 

I dunno a lot of these mechanics are hidden.  You won't rank down but I think you can lose 'boops' that you need to rank up if you leave them too long... or at least they did, I didn't experiment with that on Reload.  Might be the sort of thing they removed but I didn't chance it.

I did the 3rd main boss on this last night and even though I was never in danger, it was really fucking me up with status effects. 

I like Fuuka saying "It's using charm, protect yourself!" 

And how the fuck do I do that, Fuuka? I can only remove the status after it's been applied. It's not my fault my team members can't dodge for shit 

Maybe if I do a second run (this game is taking a long time) but I can't change loadout in a battle and team mates Personas are locked. So when she's the 'advisor' and her 'advise' is "Protect yourself!"

Argh !!!!!

I don't want new Social Links to open up at the Dorm so I can now spend social time with the team - I want new floors in the tower to open up more quickly (currently restricted to floor sixtysomething by a barrier after defeating the Fleetfooted Cavalry 'boss', it's now sometime in the middle of June).

Question - what's the point of the 'scouting ahead' option - where you can split off a party member? I don't think that the maps are (so far) big enough for this to be an advantage, whilst I guess there's a risk they could run into a shadow (and have to fight solo) - so I've not bothered doing it - but am I missing something?

I don’t scout at all, either. I prefer to have people in the team for fights than being down a person

I think a benefit is they collect all the items for you and you’re free to leg it to the next floor

But I try get in as many fights as I can so would rather have the extra turn in battle than have them collect the items 

I think by the time I got to that floor my team was fucked so I used her ability. But I’m doing entire blocks in 1 night to save time. Is that how you’re doing it? 

I tend to run through it in a single night too (until reaching the barrier), but do occasionally use the teleporters to drop back down & save (in case things go awry) - but it does mean that I use consumable items to regain HP & SP occasionally.

I'll then go back & revisit the top 10 or so floors a few times in the monthly cycle too.

Keep chugging on with this - I like the story threads, and picking up the new personas (and fusing different ones).

So I think I maxed out the friendship with the guy who fancied the teacher (got my Magician card to Lv 9) and I fused a few new things too - Matador, Pale Rider and some huge looking hydra thing (can't recall it's name).

Been doing all.of Elizabeth's requests too (the only ones I have outstanding are the enduring ones (fuse xyz persona, kill xyz enemies, open xyz treasures) and we've hung out on a couple of days too.

I'm 7 days from the July full moon, have rescued a few missing people from the tower, and just made a friendship with a monk in the nightclub.......

Completed the July boss (at the hotel) - which was (in its second phase) the trickiest one so far, but I got through it first time.

Spoiler

Even though I had anti Charm bracelets equipped (which had reasonably nullified charm attacks from the love snakes in the tower) they seemed to have limited effect with the Lover - where routinely 2-3 of my party got charmed, and at one stage my main guy was down to <50 HPs (but fortunately my charmed teammate targeted another team member).

Anyway, a chip chip chip away at its health, with the occasional Theurgy attack, and down it finally went.

Back on my bullshit

Not sure there’s a better game for when you’re feeling really lazy and just want to play systems and not a ‘game’, if you know what I mean. While having fun characters and music to carry the experience. 

I dunno why it’s sticking out to me now, but the AA on this game is pretty horrible. I tried using the NCP to force it, and it works, but introduces screen flicker. Not good.

I actually think this game is better on console. It’s half the FPS but I didn’t really notice or have any graphics bugs/issues when played it on Xbox

But it’s such a chill game to play at a desk. Have iPad open on the side, look at the test questions answers. Nice easy Saturday 

I'm around 50 hrs now, and a day away from the August full moon.

There's a bunch of stuff that irritates me with the game (mostly it's slow pacing), but there's a certain charm too that keeps me going.

It is a slow game. But I think it works. It’s a year long life story with events in the middle. I’ve just done the summer vacation part and it’s so fun/funny after 2 months of grinding dungeons and tinkering with daily activities 

One thing I love about Persona is the subject matter and how it’s fused with game play/concepts.

Not that I dislike the slow parts. I spend a lot of time trying stuff, reloading, how to maximise my day. Then you get the events bits here and there where I sit back and enjoy it.

EDIT: Although despite my efforts I’ve clearly missed a social link somewhere. Muthafucka 

I went grinding in the tower a few  nights, mixing up my companions - then when I had the 3 females plus myself in the party they struck up a weird conversation about how a harem is every guy's fantasy etc - it was just so random and funny.