passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dave the Diver

Pikman

There isn't a thread for this already? 
It's a gem of a game!

Simple loop of fishing and then selling your catches in a restaurant, both of which can be gradually upgraded and for some reason, you'll want to get them upgraded!

There are side stories, or maybe main stories (not sure yet) that give you loads of new objectives.

Plus you'll want to get your restaurant ranking up, which means you need to get better at fishing, so you'll want better gear... It's a fantastic loop that is very very difficult to put down.

The swimming physics are nice too, it all feels great!

I finished it today, I've had a great time with it. As you advance it keeps adding new objectives and things to do so the gameplay loop doesn't get stale.

I got to the final section at the weekend but had put it off to complete some side objectives, but it puts you back on the water after the end and seems like you can carry on where you left off.

There's a free DLC crossover content with Dredge on Steam, but I haven't played that yet, so haven't looked into it.

I can't say I'm seeing what all the fuss is about with Dave the Diver. It's alright, but the swimming sections aren't anything special, and the restaurant sections definitely aren't, so I don't see what else there is. It's not terrible or anything, but as I'm playing it I keep hoping it's not long so I can finish it and chalk it off