passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Unicorn Overlord

radiofloyd

• 1 month later...

The special edition of this comes with its own card game:

Pony_Glamshot_CE_v7_b4faafc0-99b9-4aed-9

I don't know if it uses its own proper ruleset (but I would guess it does), but that's definitely a unique and cool extra. Maybe US-only though, haven't seen any info on that yet.

• 2 months later...

I've seen it on amazon etc., so yeah, seems like it's coming to Europe as well. They just released a video explaining the rules, seems elaborate:

Whether or not it's actually fun, still think it's a really sweet idea. I wonder how it came to be, it's hardly part of the usual collector's edition content template.

• 1 month later...

So I haven't played enough of the demo to warrant making a topic for it, but this is absolute quality stuff. It's polished to the last pixel, has a superb soundtrack and its new twist on the tactical RPG genre is really easy to grasp but has immense depth. It's also masterfully optimised for Switch and runs at 60fps both docked and in handheld. Granted I've only played 30 minutes but if it stays on that level for its full duration I wouldn't be surprised to see this pop up in the GOTY discussions this year.

I’d utterly no idea what this was. After playing the demo for an hour, I’ve preordered this. It looks absolutely gorgeous, is super satisfying to play. Yeah, this should be awesome.

Jesus, 2024. You’re as relentless as 2023 was 😄

• 2 weeks later...

There's been a potentially interesting thing about this game's Day One patch: https://nintendoeverything.com/unicorn-overlord-day-one-update-to-add-normal-difficulty-and-more/

So in short, they made the game easier across the board, on every difficulty level, after receiving some last-minute QA feedback. That in itself isn't particularly noteworthy, but that also means that retail version of the game has the 'original' code on it, kind of like a pre-emptive 'Master Quest' version of the game. Usually unpatched games aren't particularly desirable, but this sounds like a cool little thing that's also exclusive to the retail version.

I haven’t found it overly difficult yet, though I did read an article that basically said “This boss is ridiculously difficult if you don’t do this specific pattern”. 

Well, I managed the notorious Velius fight in Final Fantasy Tactics. So i should be ok…