passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Power Wash Simulator

merman1974

So, finished the Career Mode of Power Wash Simulator.

That’s the first time in a long while I have been so focussed on a single game. 48 hours of play, cleaned up 33 of the 40 achievements along the way.

It’s quirky, it’s humorous, and there’s something really satisfying every time you complete a section of the level and it goes “ding!”

On 16/09/2022 at 21:17, shinymcshine said:

Is there a level where you have to blast chewing gum off a pavement?

If so I'm in!

There isn’t. Maybe someone should make Street Cleaner Simulator so people can do just that and make everything clean and shiny?

• 4 months later...

Been totally addicted to this since it came out on PS5. It’s strangely hypnotic, and satisfying to fire up some music/podcast, and crack on. 

Had a hilarious 2 player session last night. Only issue is, that only the host can earn stars, or choose what equipment to use they’ve unlocked. Still, bloody great game.

It is an awesomely fun game, slap on some late 90s garage rock or some 80s belters and zone out while power washing like a real man... except without the power UH UH UH as Tim The Toolman Taylor would say

• 1 month later...

Gave this a go on Xbox Series S, but after cleaning the van, then half the garden it just wasn't engaging enough for me to enjoy. 

On career mode there didn't seem to be any 'game' there (i.e. no time bonus, water saving bonus etc) so just clean until it goes ping then do the next bit and so on. 

20 minutes ago, shinymcshine said:

Gave this a go on Xbox Series S, but after cleaning the van, then half the garden it just wasn't engaging enough for me to enjoy. 

On career mode there didn't seem to be any 'game' there (i.e. no time bonus, water saving bonus etc) so just clean until it goes ping then do the next bit and so on. 

The satisfaction of cleaning is reward itself. I get your point though. I really enjoyed it, but the skatepark was a chore, and I imagine later levers probably get bigger. It's a good switch off podcast/music game.

It's a good benefit of Gamepass that it at least gives me the opportunity to try it out - and for some niche games I daresay some titles that I wouldn't perhaps buy will click and I'll enthuse about (Tainted Grail Conquest to give a recent example).

Likewise I gave Flight Simulator a go this morning (via Cloudplay*) and after messing around actually progressed through the training elements, before that all too familiar feeling of "oh yes, I always like the idea of these games, but they aren't that much fun", something I first experienced back on the ZX Spectrum with Nightflite.

* this seemed to work really well, albeit my intention was to play this whilst downloading Outer Worlds - but it seemed that using Cloudplay actually paused the download (which bandwidth wise probably makes sense, esp. as I put FS on best settings, but was a little irksome).

On 22/03/2023 at 07:35, shinymcshine said:

You can do Challenges - Limited time or amount of water - and four Special levels that are really fun.

And while I get what you say about “game”, there is an ongoing plot told through the text messages and a very clever ending. But if it did not grab you in a couple of levels then it might not be for you.