passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Lawn Mowing Simulator

regemond

Do You have an Xbox One, Series S/X or PC?

Do You have Game Pass?

How about an untenable urge to create and run your own business from home?

If you answered yes to all three of these questions, then let me introduce you to the excitement-filled world of Lawn Mowing Simulator.

In Lawn Mowing Simulator, you're armed with nothing more than a ride-on lawnmower and a strimmer. With these two essential weapons, you will start your own grassroots company, work through the ranks and become a world-famous* landscaper.

*world-famous may be a slight exaggeration

Look, this game is boring as fuck. I know it is. It's literally garden after garden. You run around and pick up some stuff, then hop on your mower and make the grass shorter. There's not much to it. As you get further in, you can hire employees, get bigger warehouses (so more space for extra mowers), and work your way up to becoming a trusted business. I called mine Mow-asis.

You can take out loans - although this seems pointless at the minute. I have one employee, two mowers and two strimmers, and I'm bringing in around £3500 per week. This is giving me a nice little income, and if I take out a loan, I won't have enough to expand the business as a whole. I need to work up to the next warehouse, which is £160,000. The biggest loan I can take out is £32,500. At 30% interest. No. No thank you. 

There are a few challenges you can play, which amount to mowing a lawn with restrictions - either time or fuel - but these aren't part of the career mode.

I don't actively dislike the game. I know it's boring, like I said, but that cycle of part-exchanging a mower to get the next one, training up and sending out employees to do jobs while I sort my own, working towards the next mower and then blitzing through the gardens I've already done before is strangely satisfying. I picked up the Dino DLC for £3-odd, mainly because it's a Jurassic Park rip-off. The change in location makes it a bit more interesting, but obviously the core gameplay is exactly the same.

But my real reason for this post (and the reason I'm happy we don't have downvotes anymore), I was playing this yesterday and had the following conversation with Rosie:

Me: You know, I think my business is becoming quite successful. I'm turning into a real mow-gul.

Rosie: **Silence**

Me: I feel like I'm gonna need to get myself a wife soon, though.

Rosie: ...why?

Me: Because it's lawn-ly at the top.

Mines called Lawn B Gone.

To criticise this game I think it should gently ramp up the % of lawn required to call a job complete. It’s always 99.5% and the lawn vision isn’t good enough to make short work of missing blades of grass. It would benefit from being 85-90% with then the option to auto trim the rest for a small fee from your earnings. 

I find you don't actually lose that much cash if you bail before hitting 99.5%

If you get up to 99% and then get outta there you're normally all good.

There's been a couple where it's 99.9% now, too. And they're fucking huge. I made the mistake of taking the world's slowest mower into a huge orchard. Recommended time was 46 minutes. It took me 110.

7 hours ago, regemond said:

I find you don't actually lose that much cash if you bail before hitting 99.5

You can do that?!? Oh fucking hell haha Thanks for letting me know. I wish it had co op. One with the strimmer one on the mower.