passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guilty Gear -Strive-

HandsomeDead

What are you guys favourite matchups in this as your mains?

For me it's Millia cause most people who play her seem really good at keeping you under pressure and they feel like an intense sparring session, then oddly Sol for the exact opposite reason that they're so predictable lol. At least on the floors I'm on.

I'm at the point I don't accept Chip matches because they jump around too much and if you have any bit of framerate or rollback lag at all it becomes sickening.

I haven't come across many Nago users since release since everyone in the beta couldn't manage his blood metre at all so you'd just wait for him to pop.  I just thought it was funny.

But I'll play anyone.  But obviously I like playing people who use uncommon characters just so you can build experience.  It's always nice to see an Anji or Zato.

I haven't had any problems with May weirdly, despite all the memes.

btw I want to say when you land I-No's command grab super and kill someone with it it has to be the most satisfying sick ass anime power fantasy shit in this game, I'm not sure any other ability in the game comes close from what I've seen. 

But it has to be the grab version, killing people with the ranged one just feels lame

I can’t land a super because they block. Seems like yours skips that bit of skill required is all I’m saying…

I’ll be back on this tomorrow night anyway. I’m done with Burnout and my thumb is better. 

Who is you? I ain’t combo in to nothing. Because it’s difficult and something that has to be earned. High class manoeuvre. 

Instead of, y’know, standing next to someone and grabbing them when they have no chance. Discount win. 

You can neutral jump a command grab and they're very punishable.  Come on guys, this is some schoolyard nonsense complaining about throws.

I'd have to check but I think you're throw invincible for a few frames during a back dash*

*There seems to be some contention at how invincible according to the nerds.

I'm just really bad at throws in this game in general, the one I mentioned has to have you in such close range to pull off. I think I've only seen it happen twice.

I dunno if the range of the throw is closer than normal throws, I think it must be. Probably says it in the training. I did have a fun match with a Ram where at the last round of the last set she used her big lazor and I blocked, then I did my lazor version of the special and she blocked, then she did her one again and I blocked but couldn't survive the chip damage. All pretense at skill and execution out the window, this is now a contest of shooting big lazors at each other. 

After getting demoted back to 4 for being really really bad and losing all the time I'm back on 5 again and I think playing I-No sort of showed me how little of the game I understood while playing as Gio. Cause I'm seeing even floor 6 Sol's who are just sort of unable to figure out how to deal with some of my shit cause they can't just spam bandit bringer like a gorilla all the time cause I'll punish that shit. Like mechanically I'm making the connections that didn't really feel solid when I was on floor 6 with Gio and just wrecking shit like a gorilla, so slowly climbing up again has been a benefit

Unfortunately my thumb is so destroyed it resembles Ethan Winter's hand and I poured lots of beer onto it to make it better but it's not helping, so that game definitely lied to me about a few things.

I finally took Leo online and it went really well.  Of course I was quickly kicked out of floor 7 but after a while I was getting more confident and then a decent string of wins soon followed.  I don't even have an RC combo I just took it slow and (slightly) smart.

I struggled at first because Leo is much slower than Gio but he has so much more range with his normals so playing a simple spacing game got me far.  I've not go a good mix-up game yet but simple stuff worked for now.  He has a lot of tools in that area, I'm looking forward to using the side switching.

Since I found myself on floor 8 I think I'll have to go to the lab and learn some RC stuff.  I was mostly using it to cancel whiffed DPs and projectiles so I could follow them.

I feel good about him.  I'm being nearly as successful as I was with Gio but with her I couldn't think of many ways to improve but I have loads with Leo.  Heaven looks possible.

My thumb is too busted too play now, but I was watching this Max vid and here's a good way to setup that Gio ground super if maf is still having problems with getting his shit blocked

Dragon Penetration -> S -> Super

btw, I saw you can taunt in this game and the temptation to do so against a Nago that couldn't control his blood was too strong

Spoiler