passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guilty Gear -Strive-

HandsomeDead

If I'm thinking about what you're thinking about, a Millia gets the hard knockdown, immediately does a big diagonal jump j.p and then air dashes into a meaty attack that recovers fast enough that it can resolve as a block during a DP startup.

Just set the training dummy to do random S DPs on wakeup (recovery in counter attack options). Make sure it's random so you get the habit of blocking as well as attacking and pick Sol, not Ky. His DP is faster

You beat wake up grab by hitting them with a meaty lol. Grab has 2 frame startup I think, the active frames of your meaty should overlap with it. 

If they are too far away to do a meaty then your approach is unsafe I guess. That's where you got to think of setplay a bit. 

You don't always have to safe jump anyway, if you always SJ then your oki is too predictable. At the highest level of this game people still do unsafe wakeup stuff I think to mix ppl up, it's just when you expect the reversal to happen or that they will do something dumb and press a button on wakeup. So basically, you always SJ against a Leo on floor 10 because they have unga as their main thought process lmao.

Look the menu is in this old Ky video I posted before, but please check on what Millia players are actually doing for their setups. I don't play this character

Here's some tech I found on the millia discord

But the millia gang are very bad at collating this information in easy to find places, unlike the I-No squad where Sonic Sol has great videos for this type of thing

That last one in the LK video, that's another option select I think where he delayed the 2D input to catch backdash. So he's covering dp and backdash scenarios. I-No has something similar, but I can't do it

I just have to start with the basic safe jump and learn how to do it. I will try it a bit in the dojo later if I can find the patience. 

Is Zato’s wake up grab different in anyway? Because that last fight he woke up grabbed me down to floor 8. + other stuff but that was the most annoying. I don’t want to give him space because Eddie is too dangerous and hard to get by but if I run up on him he grabbed me. The fucker.

Here's what I think. Find two new 'tech' you want to practice and don't do any online matches for a week. Just get a podcast or twitch stream and be a lab fiend. Then at the end of the week when the muscle memory is set in try and land one or both of them at least once against a character with a reversal. Then post a video with Leo's not understanding why their DP keeps getting them murdered lol

That's what I did anyway. I spent ages practicing j.d, j.s with I-no on DP characters. That one wasn't too bad. The other one I practiced was j.p, jump aid dash j.s, which is for grab setups. I fucking hate that one, but it's great when it works. 

There's lot of others I haven't bothered with. I'm not in any rush to confuse my muscle memory development with extra stuff.

I land one here against this Leo, it's the best feeling when they DP

Now after this he backdashed, so I should try and extend the tech a bit and learn the 2D option select next

Yeah, it is. Purgatory is where people have to spend time before ascending into Heaven, the alternative being the Hell of mashing your way back and forth through floors 10 and 8 with no concept of setplay beyond some basic BnBs that got you that far.

Anyway we all have different sentences

Look at this galaxy brain shit, you have to execute the combo well enough to make sure Millia and Leo land at the correct time. Performed correct Leo hardly gets a chance to do anything. I expect to see this shit performed by you in a real match and on my desk by Monday. 

Just joking this is like level 3 or 4 of where this tech can get to. Always start with the first layer

45 minutes ago, Maf said:

Is Zato’s wake up grab different in anyway? Because that last fight he woke up grabbed me down to floor 8. + other stuff but that was the most annoying. I don’t want to give him space because Eddie is too dangerous and hard to get by but if I run up on him he grabbed me. The fucker.

What wake up grab? He has two grabs. You have throw invuln at the start of your wakeup, so you have a way of not getting grabbed so I guess you're just letting this happen to you

edit this right here

I was trying to do something like this when I saw that teleport haircar comment. But the 6h kept missing

It had a terrible hit rate before. It's not supposed to be like a sniper move, it's a high enough risk move for pot cause he can end up just throwing away meter on something useless and get punished on landing.

I mean if you jump against Millia she can get a confirm off of c.S that can lead to wall breaks, positive bonuses, endless oki. Yea the complexity of executing that is way higher, but that's the thing about high apm characters. You got to play around this stuff. 

So like don't just blindly jump against Pot lol. In fact in the first clip I saw you jump and expected you to get grabbed as well. Surprised you didn't, and I guess this guy noticed you doing it all the time

Do you have the replay of this? Did you press an attack as well while jumping?

I had given up again and was just trying to Rose Jump. I get make it better, I just think it’s over the top. 

Pot’s used to be my favourite characters to play against. They were so satisfying to beat up. Then the game changed at some point and they all know exactly what to do all the time. 

It’s actually still one of my favourite match up’s because it’s so dangerous, and there’s something about Pot that is fun to punch. But I’ve never seen that grab hit from that far before. Shit is crazy

You safe jump Ram's reversal depending on your setup. If you get hard knockdown, look for a safe jump setup that leads to hard knockdown that will protect you from the reversal. The only ram 'specific' thing is that some safe jumps might not work on certain characters depending on their weight, but I think there's very few that are like this. Possibly even none, but it could be a thing.

If you know you don't have a safe jump setup for the reversal you have to accept that your approach is unsafe and sacrifice your oki I would say. The move is just way too fucking powerful to mess around with.

When I say that I mean you can't just knockdown ram with any move and try any safe jump. I think I made that clear enough, Millia has tons of different setups. That's the thing to learn, the jump is just the last bit

Did you join that millia discord I told you about @Maf ?

https://discord.gg/7qfpYdHK

They will have lots of safe jumps if you search their discussion box

Maybe try the one above that Lordknight tweeted out. It will definitely work on Ram I bet. Probably. Don't expect it to just become muscle memory in a day

edit I messed around a bit and that j.k safe jump is only off grab. For 2k 2d it's hard to find something that's safe. Other than the thing LK is doing up there. 

I 'got' to celestial again today, tried to kick a fellow challenger May out of celestial but it wasn't to be. I'm unlocking the challenge more regular now though, I wonder if I can get into heaven this month. Or next month

Also I just feel like I'm better on PC. I'm not sure why, I'm well enough used to the timing on both platforms. I think it's more the fact that PC is easier to react to stuff on. So I might just try to grind PC for celestial instead