passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guilty Gear -Strive-

HandsomeDead

I think Millia’s HDisc stuff is very dependant on how close she is to the opponent at the time. Because I struggle to not end a combo with the hair ice skate move, even in the corner, it pushes Millia quite far back. So how to mix them is limited. If I can do it with 2D then I’m right next to them so inthe corner it’s easy, mid screen it’s easier, but Millia’s so open if the 2D or 2K whiffs it’s really hard to do.

If I could get close to that Gio on the the set up then I would of dashed JHS over to keep them down. Then if they start jabbing you like that one was (What a jabber!) You can back dash and the disc hits them. How easy it is depends on how close I can get, but getting close is harder. I guess that’s good game design.

Sol DP-ing out of the set up though can fuck off lol. On one of them I was literally jamming back air dash but his DP starts faster than my air dash. I suppose the answer is to not do anything and hold back and block, but his DP lifts him so high I don’t think the disc will hit.

It’s a weird gimmick. The HDisc is only as powerful as useless or idle as the opponent is against it. It’s not that they can’t be defeated if they choose to move or do something, but it becomes so much harder and can make Millia feel pretty weak compared to everyone else because her main tactic is quite beatable. In Sol’s case just DP every time. I have to back off, there is no choice. Rough.

That’s just the life, though, I guess. I ain’t switching characters. Millia is too fun. 

1 minute ago, HandsomeDead said:

Ok, but remember how you never took a game when we last fought?  You occasionally took a round, but I beat you Every. Time.

You think I’m afraid of humiliation? I was born in it. MOLDED BY IT. 

3 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

He thinks cause he beat some geriatric I-Nos who never played a video game before that he can take on the world.

He's in for a shock when the changes to that character settle into the people who main her and they become the next most dreaded matchup after Sol and Leo

Is this at me?  I suck at optimal combos and shit but I like to think I'm good at character based defence.  I've never lost to a rando I-No.  I know her a little, I tried to main her in Xrd.  I know her tricks.  What's going on here?

Just now, HandsomeDead said:

Is this at me?  I suck at optimal combos and shit but I like to think I'm good at character based defence.  I've never lost to a rando I-No.  I know her a little, I tried to main her in Xrd.  I know her tricks.  What's going on here?

Sorry, missing context. Maf beat a bunch of I-No's on stream who were pretty bad. We both laughed at them