passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guilty Gear -Strive-

HandsomeDead

Don’t forget your Sony camera. Incredible imagining device so I hear

When we played it was fun. I was trying really hard but it was fun. This is different, I want my boy to get top 4!

Knock Sonicfox out fuck this guy 

EDIT: Damn. Sonicfox says he hasn’t played the game in 3 weeks lol. Fucking hell.

I didn’t know back dash was possible when in the corner. 

The thing about Millia, and you see it even in the match, she gets stuck a lot on the floor. Unlike Zato which can just be non stop pressure Millia runs out of options kind of quick, without RC at least. So she needs all the aerial stuff.

He really did top 4. But now it’s Sol and Leo. It only gets worse lol

Yes her neutral buttons are shit, I've noticed it and it's why I'm struggling to figure out how to deal with j.HS cause it's like the button that forces you into the air, either via knockdown or cause you want to contend it. I-No's movement is so slow but I think what I need to do is put up with it and contend with the move to condition players to stop doing it so much, maybe even waste some RC on an air throw combo and push them into the wall. Next time we fight I'm gonna practice air throwing you out of that shit and traumatise you out of doing it. Or fuck it up and get oki-ed through the wall.

It’s not even bad buttons it’s running out of things to do. There was twice in that Zato match where LK had him in the corner and had to back off because he run out of stuff to do. 

This Sonicfox guy. I have nightmares about this DP.

The DP ain't a thang, remember when you were saying 'I just do cS into yada yada', Leo's DP is a punishment for being predictable. If you leave a gap in your pressure and make them guess wrong you can punish it

It's the cross up stance change shit that's busted, time the throw wrong on cross up and you're stuck in a really brutal RPS full of counter sandwiches and an easy super for the Leo through the wall. 

Waaaay more important to condition those cunts to just not do that shit. Grabs all day, make them scared, mix up city. Megolamania wall break, fuck off Leo

Man two touches and LK is dead every time by this Leo. Think this is the end of the road. GG’s, my guy

The back stance stuff is annoying but DP’s in general get me because I never think of them. I’m too concentrated on getting my moves right to worry about theirs. So all DP’s are annoying. Leo’s annoys me the worst 

There you go. It’s bullshit. Leo has so much control because of that fucking DP

EDIT: LK is absolutely gutted. He turned off face cam, heard him breathe heavy, he put the camera back on and he’s drinking. It’s just so hard. The commentator can talk about Millia’s air control as much as he wants those Leo buttons are so big and dominating and you never know when he’s going to do the DP. Fuck. 

Still, top 4. He is one of the 4 best players in NA. Got to feel good about that. 

The only thing you can do is air dash back, which is shit because then if they don’t DP then you lost your chance. Is what I’m saying they have so much control. 

EDIT: This fucking white guy and he’s sponsor sucking man I don’t like this guy 

Nago is really cool. Back dash in the corner, huh? Powerful stuff. 

Really glad Sonicfox didn’t win after talking bad about the game. Came second but still didn’t win. 

Gutted about how LK lost and to the character and person he lost too but what you gonna do? Still great games. I thought he was going to be dead at Ram. 

Lol everyone in this chat I’m watching is glad SF didn’t win. 

Some people have a weird attitude I think when it comes to their ability, I've decided to bite the bullet and try and figure out Zato's weird nonsense in the park and got a floor 6 Millia who obviously destroyed me. But they kept doing that 5P spam thing people do to tell you they made you their bitch, but bitch, you beat a level 1 Zato. And I even got a round off you by spamming buttons. My dude.

edit this is for the offline evo event, I think? I hope Daru destroys sonic fox. Not that I have any problem with the stuff he said about Strive being casual or whatever, just the guy's own attitude WRT how he blows competition up. Needs to get bitch slapped by a microphone stand

edit here's some cool Zato gameplay

The shield move can be used to make Eddie move really fast, eg you use the shield then push 6 and you can pop him behind Sol like in this video and then sandwich them in mixup hell. It's very cool.

Messing around trying to understand where to get with Zato, this is why I want to learn him.

Spoiler

Imagine you thinking you can wall break this guy and he just counters you, bounces you about like a tennis ball, turns you around with a 'nothing personnel kiddo' and bursts you through the wall with his super to get all his edgelord meter back. Imagine how mad you could make people with that, how can people not think this guy is the coolest. The rage quit potential.

Though there's probably a better way of setting this up, I was messing around with this particular situation cause this exact thing happened when I fought a level 100 Zato, him flipping me over and breaking the wall. At the very least messing around with him will help me understand wtf is actually going on when I fight him. 

something more vanilla, 2H, 236K, dash * forward (to position Eddie closer), c.s, f.s, 2h, 22h, special

Spoiler

edit damn look at this guy go, it only took him 10000 hours to turn Leo's brains into marmalade. What a cool character

Damn I actually won a set with Zato :o

Ok, I played like trash, but it was just two new people practicing new characters in the park. The leo is floor 10 but like on his second day playing Leo probably, which is the same time I've on Zato. Big thing I got to learn is to always follow eddie with dash cause sending him on his lonesome gets him whacked and killed by fireballs. This ain't pokemon you got to back your bro up. Also when under pressure/blocking I don't really know what to do yet, I don't think you have enough advantage to bring Eddie out quick unless you have a massive gap and do the tickle monster into shield into mix-up sandwich. Which if you do that you lose all your meter.

I've a tendency also to just spam normals when Eddie is out cause it's easy to get hits in, but then you lose meter on something pretty ineffective. So need to practice negative edging as well as knowing when to put gaps in Zato's own pressure/use the direct instructions to eddie

A tough character to learn though cause if you make mistakes and eddie gets whacked you got nuthin. Maybe the gameplan is to be more strategic when you bring that guy out.

One thing that's neat is if you use the sword super to break walls it immediately gives you all your gauge back and eddie is also out immediately, so it's a great way to have unrelenting pressure. Bully them into the wall, sword super, just rush them down again while you have the advantage.

There is only room for one rubbish I-No on floor 10

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Now the real game begins 😭

This also means now my minimum floor is 8 I think, if I'm right the game sort of bounds you to within 2 floors of your peak. At least that's what I heard and the massive number of floor 9 fights I lost while floor 7 at least shows it takes a really long time to relegate you once you've 'proven' yourself. Might be wrong on that though

This I-No mirror was fun but in the second set of sets I got scrambly and just spammed buttons. That guy seemed to get pretty tilted in the second sets tho, mothafucka mashing 5H on my corpse and mic taunting, well how do you like my BRC. See all that meter I had left over to kill you with (actually, I don't have taunt mapped cause I don't know where to put it on hitbox. Otherwise I would be doing it too)

Spoiler

The other I-No had better wall combos, I barely used any at all. Not that I can't use them, but somebody needs to teach him about the simple glory of 2K->2D. Pretty sure he never used it, I-No is all about getting that hard knockdown. But I need to get more in the habit of conditioning people with a mixup before going for the command grab super rather than just throwing it out there so much. But I only find myself doing that against people I know I can handle, when I lack confidence I lose the strategic mindset to condition them like that. Nothing better tho than seeing them use the faultless defense bubble shield and blowing them up like that.

I'm going to spend some time in the park for a while cause I don't want to chase rank rn, I know I'm not good enough for 10 and I would like to get exp before I worry about things like celestial challenge.

I had a breakthrough on hitbox also, I found a much more reliable way to input supers. You basically sort of drum/roll from 6->2->4 and then slap 6 at the end. You can practice it without a hitbox, just drum your index to ring finger on a table and then slap down the index finger. Vice versa for the other side of the screen. It's a very nice and easy rhythm and works better for me than any other input I've tried and works better than trying to think about pressing buttons one after another. I don't actually know if it's the canonical way to do it but I do know that other ways I saw online didn't settle in for me. I'm also finally at the point where I'm better on hitbox than controller, but then I did not have much ground to cover there cause I is bad.

edit I might move to Playstation full time, you don't get this kind of entertainment on PC

E9byV36X0AEJA8C?format=jpg&name=4096x409

This nago wasn't pleased that his floor 10 promo got stalled a bit by my mashing lol

I dunno if this floor 9 guy was questioning my skills here or questioning his own for having trouble with a floor 6 player

E9rAHEnX0Ac-rS2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

(to be doubly clear this was on floor 9)

Least this guy didn't get all toxic about it, had a set with his zato where I won 2/3 and then had 6 with his chipp which was much more tough. Fighting Chipp on playstation fucking sucks, especially with 200 ping that this dude had (or maybe it was me, but I'm guessing it was him).

Damn tho Zato really is playing a different game to everyone else, that shit he does where he blockstuns me with the spikes and then does a dust charge. Well I'm taking those notes down for when I feel motivated to pick that guy up again. He really has to pick his spots but his offence is so much more interesting than the gorilla shit that the rest of the cast do.

Anyway the video is out for Jack O, her fighting style looks very intuitive and easy to pick up.

edit

https://www.guiltygear.com/ggst/en/news/post-1342/#ino

I-No buffed, rage-enabler's day will be even more ruined. My random super is even stronger and I can dash better

edit 2 lol they buffed Leo as well why tho that guy is too much 😭

I turned off the thing where randoms can send me messages on Playstation I think a month or three into SFV's life.

Jack-O looks like a character you need the better half of a year to master but after that you're basically unbeatable.