passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guilty Gear -Strive-

HandsomeDead

1 hour ago, HandsomeDead said:

The devs are in a really unenviable position.  You gotta make a game that feels good to normies and is satisfying while also giving it loads of depth for high level players who do end up promoting the game in tournaments and the like.  Finding out that sweet spot of making it feel approachable and having a higher skill ceiling is clearly not an easy thing to figure out as many have tried and find themselves a bit too far on either side of the equation.

I mean if we look at the landscape there's only really one series that has ever managed to pull that off in god knows how many years and that's Tekken. It's arguably the most complex fighter out there and has probably the highest skill ceiling next to Virtua Fighter, but casuals still love it because mashing buttons produces cool looking results. I don't quite know how they managed to pull it off or if it's just a happy coincidence due to how old it is and how long they've been finetuning the mechanics, but it's certainly a struggle nobody has found a clear answer to.

Anyway, just play what you like. There's no dead fighting game out there on modern systems (except maybe for super niche games like Blood Omen or Blade Strangers) so you can pick anything you like.

I promise you DBFZ is super popular and filled with idiots they’ll be plenty of people for you to beat up

I don’t believe in this learning period thing. You will pick up the game at your own pace whether you play the game today, 3 years from today or 3 years before today. Just because some people will be further ahead doesn’t mean you will be better than you would have been anyway.

I picked up DBFZ 2+ years after it had been out and @HandsomeDead will tell you it was like I had been playing for years I was so good. Isn’t that exactly how that went you tell them. 

EDIT: GGS had 3 betas over a year where people already mined and learned the game and I still got to floor 9. This head start thing is bogus.

Getting to floor 9 is nothing tbh. You can't look at your floor as an indication of anything unless you're perma floor 10 or celestial. 

I took a stroll up to floor 9 after getting demoted all the way to 7 and kicked two motherfuckers off the floor. Then I got absolutely destroyed by a Gio and Ram. I can't handle it when Gio puts gaps in her pressure, especially considering how plus on block her stuff is. Maybe I should just grab her or something instead

Floor 9 is not a real gauge of skill but it’s the best the game has. Having said that getting to floor 9 does mean something. It feels good first time you get to any new floor. That’s meaningful. Really what is the difference between floor 9 and floor 10? There isn’t in actual terms only on a personal level. So it’s the same thing. 

Just because you’ve got better at the game doesn’t mean it’s an easy thing anyone could just do. 

Just because things are getting easier for you doesn’t mean the thing is actually easy. That’s skewed perspective. 

I'm saying getting to floor 9 isn't any indication that you're being left behind on game knowledge or not, cause it's very easy to get a few lucky promotions because of the odd logic this game uses to handle that side of things. Yeah it can feel good but I would say you'd be underestimating the gap between floors quite a bit and the difference between getting promoted to a floor versus staying on it.

The level of your character is more meaningful because it tells you how many victories you've had on specific floors, cause of how the XP scales on higher floors. You don't get to level 100 by fighting level 30 people

I'll give you this one for free maf, learn how to use the moon overhead from neutral. eg, cancelling the jump part like in that one combo video you shared. I got wrecked by another Millia who had a much more varied mixup than that chump and used that moon a lot. But the average Millia on this floor seems to never do it, or tries to use j.H instead.

(Also I hope you are trying to get the hard knockdown before you throw out that h-disc)

I've managed the moon move once in an actual match. It's hard to do and you don't get anything off it without RC. 

Yes also hard knockdown then H-disc. Although sometimes I throw it out when I want the neutral and they're in the corner. It makes them back away and give me time to run up. 

Can you do me a favour as well. Next time a Millia tries to H-disc mix just super jump back and block and see if you get punished for it. I think it beats Millia's whole shtick.

https://www.guiltygear.com/ggst/en/news/post-1299/

Balance patch coming

I-No chads rejoice we are going to become top tier, and Leo will have all his buttons removed until all he can do is his DP and nothing else.

They also mention fixing the login, apparently it creates 127 tcp connections instead of just one which is why it takes so long

Oh my god watch this tournament final at about 5 hours and 3 minutes this is one of the most intense games I’ve ever seen. It’s Millia vs Chipp so it’s so fast. I don’t know how people play like this I can barely keep up with what’s going on

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1106228234?t=18176s

Amazing gameplay.

(I dunno why it won’t display as a video if someone knows I’ll fix it)

3 hours ago, Maf said:

Oh my god watch this tournament final at about 5 hours and 3 minutes this is one of the most intense games I’ve ever seen. It’s Millia vs Chipp so it’s so fast. I don’t know how people play like this I can barely keep up with what’s going on

Amazing gameplay.

(I dunno why it won’t display as a video if someone knows I’ll fix it)

I had to edit html in the source tab on the post, it's not worth messing around with tbh. You have to set the width and everything and it will cause issues with the webpage if you open it outside of a quote

--------

I'm playing on PS4 for a bit to get hitbox comfy, certain basic things are more difficult and others are easier. Mainly what happens with most people is the ring finger inputs are difficult which interfers with quarter back circle on left side of the screen, and even blocking. But it feels more fun to use than the mushy dpad disc, even a good one like the series X

I find it easier to input faster on hitbox but obviously make way more mistakes. A fast gorilla I am.]

edit I just found out you can do supers on it by mashing your finger across the red directional buttons back and forth. 

Like this 

Damn that looks bullshit easy lol

You lied by the way. You said you don’t need to hit diagonals to do supers. I experimented while playing today by just doing 2,6,2,6,S and guess what? No super.

Why lie bro. What did I ever do to you. 

I mean specifically the semi circle super input. In fact I think all semi circle inputs in GG are like that, for instance gold dick.

I got to a pretty alright level with the hitbox today. Day 2 of using a completely unfamiliar controller yet even with the weak muscle memory jank there's things that are so much easier to whack out on it. Like when I tried a stick it was a much more laborious process and the dpad issues where getting more and more annoying. I think having a job which involves coding just means that this thing is such a natural fit. I think within a very short period of time my current scrubiness will exceed my scrubiness with a controller, I will be scrub++. I beat a bunch of idiots on PS4, tried it on PC and I find it harder cause the lower input latency means I got to be faster but I'm getting there.

And yes I'm just mashing my finger across the red buttons for the super. It's fucking OP

Unlimited_Power_Banner.jpg

I need to practice dust launch combos and basically anything RC with it tho cause I've no clue how to do it anymore

That ain't happening unless they buff I-No to high tier. Which ain't happening while chemical love's hitbox goes above Gio's head and the note adds 50 years of recovery.

But I am doing on average 2 wall break megalomania's per match now, just by smearing my finger across the buttons. This should be illegal, in fact I think it is actually tournament illegal.

and yet

hqdefault.jpg

I even threw some stinky Leo's out of their dumb cross up multiple times. But then I died over and over to their fireball cause I couldn't figure out how to jump or block, dying to the dumb shit lol

@Maf

There are two diagonal-less supers in this video